Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Hangover!!!
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

It’s been a while. A very good night but it’s a bit cloudy this morning…

Drac

I rarely get them but over the Xmas period I broke twice rather spectacularly I’ve now decided when out on an all session to pace a myself and even stop for a bit if need be. It took 3 days for my stomach to sort itself back out the last time, 3 days of nausea, palpitations, loss of appetite and dysphagia not relieved by my meds is not fun.

wrightyson
    Free Member

^^^jeez drac^^^
    I just struggled to eat my toast none of the above symptoms. Last day of holiday today so may partake in a glass of good red whilst cooking the lasagne I’ve hopefully got planned…

RoterStern
    Free Member

Bloody hell! If I ever had a hangover as serious as Drac describes I’d never drink again. 😯

Yak

I had 3 dayer similar to Drac’s 2 weeks ago. Horrible, and reminds me that I can’t keep up with most folk over a long session.

duncancallum

hangover cure:

Migraleve Pink 2 before bed and 2 when you wake up early morning for that 1st piddle and 2 when you surface at 10 am
    Sports drink like SIS with caffeine
    Bacon

fresh air

spend all day woozey but otherwise ok

dannyh
    Free Member

Mild hangover for me today. One pint of Guinness out of a tap followed by seven different bottled ales last night (it wasn’t the sort of place where I’d drink beer from the tap). Strangely, I have a minor hangover, but I reckon if I’d had the mass-produced stuff out of the taps I would feel much, much worse today.

PMK2060

I don’t usually get back hangovers but if I have a big session on a Saturday I don’t feel 100 percent until the Tuesday.

RustySpanner

dysphagia not relieved by my meds is not fun.

I find that a bit hard to swallow.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Never had one, I know load of bollocks but even my missus who rarely jumps to my defence will confirm in over 30 years she has never witnessed me with any ill effects..

And trust me I drink I mean really drink – it’s my only natural ability apparently my Grandad was the same. If I am driving and drink diet coke type stuff I feel shit the next day.

bodgy
    Free Member

Hair of the dog. It occupies your ethanol receptor, so that you cease to absorb the methanol and other congeners in your blood stream. And that, my friends, is science!

jimdubleyou

Had a massive one on Friday.

I have conclusively proved I am too old for shots…

Drac

Bloody hell! If I ever had a hangover as serious as Drac describes I’d never drink again.

Not a hangover as such too much drink causes my stomach problems to flair up for a few days, it’s not pleasant.

jambourgie
    Free Member

bodgy – Member
    Hair of the dog. It occupies your ethanol receptor, so that you cease to absorb the methanol and other congeners in your blood stream. And that, my friends, is science!

He’s right you know!

Nowt worse than a hangover, but I’ve never had a hangover go into the 2nd day.

Booze is such a rubbish drug really.

wrightyson
    Free Member

It would appear I’m now working on tomorrow’s. The remainder of the bottle of red that wasn’t required for the lasagne is now being consumed….

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Hangover!!!’ is closed to new replies.