Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hanging a bike on your back to attend local trails
  • bruders338
    Free Member

Hello folks.

I have recently brought myself a very nice pivot.

but instead of buying something sensible like a car i took the plunge and went crazy and brought this beast…

And im in love its amazing my only problem is now strapping the pivot to my back when i want to visit the trails..

(For the serious of you that was only a joke)

I do however have a good friend that i do most of my biking with and luckily for me he has a van 😛

But im finally back and coming to the trails near you!!

bencooper
    Free Member

I’ve seen it done for real – decent rack and it shouldn’t be a problem, MTBs are big but not very heavy.

ndthornton
    Free Member

Not as daft as you might think

frogstomp

Superfli of this parish has similar – see here.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

I wouldn’t hang a bike of mine:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/o2djoT]18th June 2014[/url] by Rob Sutherland, on Flickr

It would spoil the lines….

plyphon
    Free Member

I’d love to comment but I can’t see anything through that vignette!

convert

I’d love to comment but I can’t see anything through that vignette!

When Instagram goes horribly wrong…

Northwind

One of Santa Cruz’s top boys has (IIRC) a Thule rack welded to a Givi topbox rack, on the back of his SV650. Which seems to work even though it’s basically held on with 2 M8 bolts.

nbt

Pahh, I scoff at your puny single bikes (though I do admire the ski carrier)

bigyinn
    Free Member

Is that even legal? 😯

stumpy01

Nice bikes, bruders!!

bruders338
    Free Member

I love the pictures.. some crazy stuff going on..

Im also loving both bikes but its becoming hard which one to choose to keep me entertained.

tomaso
    Free Member

Years ago an American downhiller had a feature about his retired life and he had a Kawasaki dirt bike with his downhill rig strapped on the side on a homespun rack.

Simon

I once saw a guy turn up at Drumlanrig with his MTB strapped to a home made wooden carrier attached to the back of his scooter. He said he wasn’t sure how legal it was so stuck to the back roads!

crocodilian
    Free Member

Wow, some of those contraptions are going to be fun in a crosswind!

tomaso
    Free Member

It was the purple prince of mountain biking Greg Herbold that had the Kwaka crosser with a bike carried on the back like this

rhid

On an episode of Life behind bars, the Brendan Semenuk video series, some guy turned up on his motorbike with his DH bike strapped to his back like a rucksack! I thought that was very clever. I think it was in season 2…..I cannot be more specific. Its worth a watch though as its good fun. Its on Redbull TV.

tomaso
    Free Member

I am always mildly paranoid about whats on my back when riding a motorcycle or even a pushbike – like 8 big bottles of Leffe or something hard and lump like a swingarm off a GSXR750…

FOG

My mate’s son took his snowboard to the Alps on a tiny 250 commuter which must have been interesting in cross winds so an MTB on a big bike shouldn’t be a problem!

AlexSimon

One of the images from the Dirt Rag article is 😯

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I once saw a guy turn up at Drumlanrig with his MTB strapped to a home made wooden carrier attached to the back of his scooter. He said he wasn’t sure how legal it was so stuck to the back roads!

Met him at Glentress, rack is made of an old sash window. A bit eccentric the lad!.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hanging a bike on your back to attend local trails’ is closed to new replies.