Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Handstands
  • footflaps

So who can handstand then?

I’ve decided I want to learn to do a free handstand and handstand walk, so went to a 3 hr workshop on Saturday to learn to do so. Almost got there, could manage a few secs free hand stand by the end.

Not tried since, as my shoulders were just about destroyed come Sunday morning!

willard

Nope. I can headstand against a wall and free for a few seconds, but I’ve not got the hang of a full handstand yet. I need to though, handstand pushups are an aspiration.

fasthaggis

Me.
    Can walk a few meteres before falling over.
    Practise init.
    It impressed my boys when they were small,now,not so much.
    Wait till they see me on the unicycle*.

* plan for the summer

allthepies
    Free Member

Handstand workshop ?

lolz.

midlifecrashes

I can headstand super straight without wobbling even when quite drunk, but never bothered with handstands, maybe I was off school that week. I guess you need a decent shoulder press and build up a bit of wrist strength too.

onehundredthidiot

When I was 18 and fit I could could push up from headstand to handstand. Record was 10.
    27years later thinking about it makes me hurt.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Nope. Spent quite a while trying with yoga but can’t manage mental side or physically. Always worried about breaking my neck. Many yogi’s can do them for what seems like forever

dovebiker

Tried to demo an arm-lever to handstand on a TRX suspension trainer in the gym, 30 years since I last attempted it – wasn’t going to happen.

vickypea
    Free Member

I used to be quite good at them as I did a lot of gymnastics. I haven’t attempted on since my spinal fusion though!

sirromj

I’m fairly sure heads weren’t made for standing on. It definitely feels that way to me, but I feel like it’s something I should be able to do. Again. Before I die. I’m working up to it. After the decades from around 20 to 30 where I did zero exercise and now in 40’s decided it’s time to regain as near as possible the physical abilities of my youth (not that I could handstand back then either, but not the point).

njee20
    Free Member

Handstand shouldn’t involve neck or head. Headstand, which is far easier, perhaps.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope, silly idea.

Are you pretending to be Australian ?

hooli

No, I am old and grumpy and cant see the point.

I also get annoyed when I see stupid people posing for stupid photos in front of landmarks doing a handstand, it is even more annoying than taking a selfie with a selfie stick.

And a handstand workshop – get in the F%$£& sea

ade9933
    Free Member

Handstand workshop – love it. I can’t believe ANYONE has THAT much time.

footflaps

There are loads of gymnastics clubs etc around. You’d be surprised how many handstand classes / lessons / workshops are going on.

Might be going to another one tomorrow night….

twinw4ll
    Free Member

I can do handstands on parallettes, wrists are the weak link, currently working on the planche,a truly humbling skill/strength exercise to master. If i ever nail the planche then the iron cross is next.
    If you’ve just started and your almost there footflaps, then i take my hat off to you sir.

footflaps

I can do handstands on parallettes, wrists are the weak link, currently working on the planche,

Good effort.

I have to strap my wrists as my left one is quite weak and doesn’t like too much load eg OH Squats above 60kg is pretty painful and I have to tape it up tight to be able to do them.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

Handstand fractured my tailbone. Someone kicked me up the arse a few weeks later. That hurt.

ktaylor
    Free Member

Once a cute girl at work claimed she could walk on her hands. She then proceeded to do it right there across the factory floor. I knew then I was in with a chance. Been married now for 13 years!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Handstands’ is closed to new replies.