Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)
  • Hands up who has had a crap day.
  • Harry_the_Spider

Swelper
    Free Member

Seems to be the norm for me these days, just cant motivate myself

samuri
    Free Member

Sorry about your wardrobe. Mine was actually pretty good (son got into University), until about half way home my bottom bracket went EEEKKK, SHHHSRKKKHGTHHFFFFFPING!, Spat out a load of bearings and then I had to limp home essentially with one leg.

And I have no spare bearings for it so road riding into work tomorrow.

molgrips
    Free Member

Mildly crap. I’m working from home, I have no proper jobs but only admin to do. I did practically nothing, but I didn’t skive off biking or anything useful. Feeling glum.

badnewz
    Free Member

Raising my hand…tripped over when leaving the pub last night, landed on my nose, swollen up, walked home without specs, but found them today, so at least there was a positive…I need a holiday..

loddrik
    Free Member

Been stuck in the house with my 7 and 3 year old daughters so it been full on ‘role play’ all day. So yes, it’s been pretty **** tiring…

Schools going back can’t come quick enough.

nickc

Not really bad, just loads of admin crap that just seemed endlesssssss….had to bring some of it home as well, how crap is that?

crikey
    Free Member

Not too bad.
    Out of bed a bit late at 8:30, washing up.
    9:00 Washing into washer.
    9:30 Realized the lack of washing powder may have critically affected the washing process, started again.
    10:00-10:20 Poo.
    10:25 Shower.
    11:00 Bike ride, 55 miles of skirting the M60, waiting to get rained on, carrying armwarmers, cap, gilet, only to be sunned on with a vengeance.
    14:00 Shower.
    14:30 pub for one pint of Black Sheep in the company of a chap who appears to be the comedy wing of Combat 18.
    15:00 more washing up.
    16:00 Housework of various mundane forms.
    17:30 Mrs Crikey home, and resultant criticism of the ‘You’ve been arsing about all day again, haven’t you?’ type.
    18:00 Lad to rugby training.
    19:00 Call in Co-op to buy cheap pizza and fish cakes.
    20:00 Serious browsing on STW.

eviljoe
    Free Member

Crap week tbh-

Garage cocked up fitting a new timing belt on the T4- cue broken tensioner and nasty noises, and desperate hunt for a hire vehicle that can tow. Some 500 grumpy miles to Leeds and back (nothing wrong with Leeds btw..) in a bleedin Landrover Discovery to find that the garage has not only not fixed the problem, but has burnt out the starter motor and possibly wrecked the fuel pump, and 2 weeks later STILL hasn’t done a compression test.

And now it’s raining!

simmy
    Free Member

Not a really bad day but did someone stupid earlier. I nipped into Burger King and got a King of the Day burger.

I honestly thought it was Wednesday and I was going to get a Whopper burger so when a Girl behind the till held up a Rodeo burger and shouted I ignored her.

After 10 mins I asked where my Whopper was and demanded my money back they told me I’d ordered a Rodeo.

I took my burger and left without explaining I didn’t realise it was Thursday 😳

nickc

Oversharing…

Bunnyhop

Crap week really, with the emphasis being on the word crap. Been having tummy troubles all week (doc thinks it’s a virus), so no riding for me but still have to work, so just tired all the time.

allthepies
    Free Member

glupton1976
    Free Member

Been replacing brake drums and shoes and handbrake cables today. Shite job that only ever gets worse as you’re going along.

crikey
    Free Member

That was the complete start to finish time; I wasn’t actually defecating for 20 minutes. A certain period of that was devoted to procrastination and an almost zen-like appreciation of the solitude obtained. I did have a slightly dodgy moment when I thought I’d had a finger-through-the-paper issue, but double folding saved my bacon.

nickc

Bunnyhop i’ve had the same bug, only coming up, rather than going down, haven’t eaten properly since Monday, only just getting better today

Harry_the_Spider

allthepies

10/10

jambalaya
    Free Member

@allthepies – excellent, kind of in that at least he’s being brought to justice.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Has to be said, Me.

I had a day off, rode aimlessly around London Town with nothing really in mind to do, I stopped for lunch in Golden Sq, rode around the streets, rode around the Parks, rode around and around and stopped off at Rapha for tea and cake then rode home..

Dull.

Really dull.

BlobOnAStick

Work-achievement wise I’ve had a good day.

But…..I travelled to and from my place of work today with someone I don’t see very often but whom I rate very highly. We compared views and stories about some things that have happened in our company over the past couple of years and it’s made me realise that things are nowhere near as clear-cut as I thought and there are some right b^stards at work. It’s left me in a pit of dispair 🙁

Jamie
    Free Member

Garage cocked up fitting a new timing belt on the T4- cue broken tensioner and nasty noises, and desperate hunt for a hire vehicle that can tow. Some 500 grumpy miles to Leeds and back (nothing wrong with Leeds btw..) in a bleedin Landrover Discovery to find that the garage has not only not fixed the problem, but has burnt out the starter motor and possibly wrecked the fuel pump, and 2 weeks later STILL hasn’t done a compression test.

Maybe time to go to a garage that isn’t staffed by the Chuckle Brothers.

eviljoe
    Free Member

It may come to that, though right now I don’t have the funds to pay someone else to put it all right when they will do it for free…

seavers
    Free Member

I would totally go to a garage staffed by the chuckle brothers. If only for the getting it on the ramp routine.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Crap day every day in the prison service.

Head’s battered after every shift.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Had a shocker today, like properly dark. Then my mrs comes home telling me we need to drink lots of wine and prossecco all in aid of what to serve at the wedding.

Roll with the punches, tomorrows another day.

molgrips
    Free Member

I haven’t been biking for weeks:(

bruneep

started off well, but the current intermittent internet service im getting is winding me up*

*#firstworldproblemiknow

allthepies
    Free Member

Virginmedia ?

jamj1974

Mines been shit!

seavers
    Free Member

I had a pretty good day. The stylist on my photo shoot is hot and spent most of the day bending over. She talks too much though.

Jamie
    Free Member

The stylist on my photo shoot

Seavers, earlier:

vickypea
    Free Member

My day would’ve been fine if I hadn’t had to work and then keep my 8-year-old amused with a migraine that feels like someone’s stabbing me in the skull 🙁

bruneep

Virginmedia ?

No zen, spoke to them at 4:30. Yes rebooted it yes it’s in master socket, no nothing has been added, yes I have new filter on.

Oh well, wait 24hrs so we can monitor it.

stavromuller
    Free Member

The morning was a complete disaster and I got a b*ll*cking from a g*bsh*te that couldn’t find his own 4rse with both hands but it perked up this afternoon when Mrs stavro rang to say she was in the pound show and asked if I wanted one of the clocks they had. To which I replied, “depends, how much are they?” and she fell for it, that cheered me up no end. Then I went to Garage Bikes and met Al & co. which was nice.

jamj1974

Actually t started off quite well – just got worse as it went along. On way to work **** cut across me in the roundabout and then cut in front of me and gave me the finger on the next section of dual carriageway. Next roundabout he turned right as I did into my work carpark. How I laughed! After parking my car, I walked past him (having already worked out what I was going to say…) and said

“Do you cut people up like a **** for your job or is it just a hobby?”

He looked blankly at me and then spent the next five minutes trying to look like he wasn’t going into the same building as I. Win!

wittonweavers
    Free Member

You see that’s great planning – clearly an experienced campaigner! Nothing worse than having a shower / bath and coming out all nice and clean and then finding that you need a number 2! 😀

Philby

Been a crap week for me and several people I know.

I was unsuccessful in getting a 6 month contract which I had very high hopes of winning, and which would have significantly reduced my current financial worries.

One of my best mates was made redundant unexpectedly, which is a complete kick in the teeth as he had a life changing bike accident a couple of months ago and was on the road to recovery and was looking forward to getting back to work.

A female friend is having to face a decision as to whether to go through with an operation which may result in her having to have a colostomy bag for the rest of her life if it doesn’t work / goes wrong.

Another female friend has been on the receiving end of some horrendous abuse from her former partner and father of her child, which seems likely to result in his arrest tonight or tomorrow.

And finally found out someone who I had a very special relationship with about 3 years ago has died after a long illness – the world has lost a wonderful woman.

RustySpanner

wittonweavers – Member

You see that’s great planning – clearly an experienced campaigner! Nothing worse than having a shower / bath and coming out all nice and clean and then finding that you need a number 2!

Real professionals combine the two.
    Saves time, but costs a fortune in shower mats.

ps44
    Free Member

Yep, we spent hours pottering down the Cali coast trying to find a beach that wasn’t fog bound, finally decided to high tail to Santa Barbara to find it had been sunny there all along and we could have been biking in the sunshine.

jamj1974

One of my best mates was made redundant unexpectedly, which is a complete kick in the teeth

That feels familiar – but not my mate…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 40 total)

The topic ‘Hands up who has had a crap day.’ is closed to new replies.