Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hands free rule-bending
  • jimmy

How the hell does holding the phone in front of your mouth on loudspeaker count as hands free you c**k?

Grrr

Teetosugars
    Free Member

I folowed a woman driving into Manchester doing that yesterday morning…
    Thnakfully so did plod who stopped to have a word with her…

nicko74

And there’s the big difference between Manchester and London*. In Manchester, plod actually spot and stop people for dangerous driving. In London, plod only spot and stop people with beards and brown skin.

*-I mean, apart from 200 miles, football clubs, history of cotton mills etc

rOcKeTdOg

what’s the difference between holding a phone and holding a lit cigarette in your hand, does anyone get done for that?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

You are not having a conversation with the fag?

CountZero

rOcKeTdOg, I couldn’t agree more. If taking a drink while sat at traffic lights gets you a fine, and using a mobi, then smoking a fag should as well. Fishing a smoke out of the packet, lighting it, then trying to drive a car with a ciggy in your hand can’t be good. I’m sure there will be smokers have a go at me, but if it’s distracting to take a drink from a can, then it’s distracting to smoke.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Didn’t someone get done for eating a KitKat a while back??
    Not being in full control of the car was the reason??

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/739005.stm

I guess they saw sence?

mrmo
    Free Member

my employer has implemented a policy banning handsfree. You want to use the phone you pull over switch the engine off. If you are found to have breached this policy it counts as Gross Misconduct.

Smoking in cars is also banned, but that is a legal thing to do with work places etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hands free rule-bending’ is closed to new replies.