Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Handmade Training Bike – Contains Pictures
  • forge197
    Free Member

My new Hardrock with Power Flo Shifting 🙂 First ride a little later on, going to be used to put miles on cycle and canal paths, will have lights and mud guards for the short nights and poorer weather.

njee20
    Free Member

I thought this was going to be some crazy garage-made job with dodgy welds and bits of carbon sticking out everywhere, not a near stock entry-level Spesh!

Can’t help but be disappointed I’m afraid.

Even more disappointed over your gear choice for photographs, always big ring, preferably smallest cassette sprocket too.

fourbanger
    Free Member

always big ring, preferably smallest cassette sprocket too.

Really? never really considered it. Does that look better?

forge197
    Free Member

not a near stock entry-level Spesh!

It’s not near stock it is stock 😆 this is how it came the ahop

Tyre valves are both at the same angle and the crankarms straight I’d wholly missed getting the gear position correct, I am gutted to find I missed this detail 🙁

It’s weights in at 31lbs 6oz’s with a Cateye Strada

thedon
    Free Member

Handmade Training Bike – Contains Pictures

Harry_the_Spider

Not what I was expecting either, but Hay-Ho etc.

The missus has a Hard Rock. Great bit of kit. Been thrashed and crashed for 10 years and still it won’t die.

In the spirit of this thread.

Handmade Crisps – Contains Potato

nealglover
    Free Member

Not sure I understand this thread.

forge197
    Free Member

It’s handmade in Tawian thedon 🙂 so the title is accurate

Singlespeed_Shep
    Free Member

For this thread you deserve the….

forge197
    Free Member

Singlespeed_Shep – that’s harsh but… 😆

tomhoward

njee20
    Free Member

It’s not near stock it is stock this is how it came the ahop

How is it ‘hand made’ then? 😕

Gary_M
    Free Member

I’m confused, why have you taken/posted so many pictures of a bog standard bike? Is its so that when it gets stolen we can all help identify it from the high level of details you’ve provided 🙂

I can understand if there was a ‘show me your bike as it came out the shop’ thread.

organic355
    Free Member

Even more disappointed over your gear choice for photographs, always big ring, preferably smallest cassette sprocket too.

perhaps this is sarcasm and it is lost on me or does it really bother people? I am anal about my bikes apearance but FFS!! 😆

V8_shin_print
    Free Member

look at the third image, it has a sticker “Handmade in Taiwan”

njee20
    Free Member

perhaps this is sarcasm and it is lost on me or does it really bother people? I am anal about my bikes apearance but FFS!!

It’s tongue in cheek, but bikes do look better in a less silly gear, and it does actually annoy me when you see professional catalogue photos with bikes in granny ring or whatever, attention to detail innit.

mk1fan
    Free Member

Whoosh parrot to the forum please.

barrykellett
    Free Member

Sense of humour failure from a lot of people here!

TheFopster
    Free Member

Re. gear selection for photos – it’s in “the rules” for roadies. I presume applies across disciplines? If so you may be fined.

😉

Northwind

njee20 – Member

How is it ‘hand made’ then?

Most bikes are- I know there’s an image of robot factories welding tubes up but it’s actually very manual.

njee20
    Free Member

This is no place for humour. Be gone jester.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I save my laughing for funny stuff.

forge197
    Free Member

This

The reaction is awesome, the photos took me 3 mins to do and it’s just a bit of fun, a budget take of here is my new bike threads.

It’s not a main bike but one I can just jump on and crack out a few miles in the evening’s.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Handmade Training Bike – Contains Pictures’ is closed to new replies.