Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Handmade Bicycle show
  • LoCo
    Free Member

Yes with a couple of mates and then a night on the town 😀

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That’s why I’m going, out on the lash after with old Uni mates.

rOcKeTdOg

Much as i admire Cotic, when did they start hand making their frames?

pedalhead
    Free Member

yup I’ll be going, and will be meeting the chap who made my custom frame in person for the first time :-). It was great last year, if a bit cramped.

maccruiskeen

Much as i admire Cotic, when did they start hand making their frames?

pretty much all bike frames are handmade. ‘Handmade’ in this context means ‘handmade by white people’ 🙂

Ringo
    Free Member

im going, good excuse to go on the beer and have a look at ashton court

flip
    Free Member

I want to go on the Friday, but it’s only on from 5-8, will they all be set up for the Friday night?

compositepro
    Free Member

Yes

c_klein87

yes its awesome, Look out for the bicycle academy and strada wheels, top guys to chat to

mick_r

Might do a long day trip. Rumours also of a room for hobby builders to exhibit in – a bit soon for me but have a few more builds planned this year so might feel confident enough to join in for 2013…….

Very good to see such a long list of exhibitors, although a bit of lunchtime research threw up a number of companies that aren’t making their own frames 🙁

Interesting to see relaunch of Swallow – anyone else remember the MBUK Campag Centaur test bike from 1990ish?

mtbfix

Interesting to see relaunch of Swallow – anyone else remember the MBUK Campag Centaur test bike from 1990ish?

Was that the one that Paul Hinton took to Fuertaventura? I think I have that copy of the mag.

aracer
    Free Member

The white one with fillet brazed Columbus tubes?

More recently than that they did tandems – we went to visit them when we were buying in ’97. Pete Bird has some very strong views on stuff.

However I can’t see page 2 of the exhibitor list to see the details – anybody else with that problem? I’m using Chrome.

mick_r

Yup – that sounds like the one – I’ve still got the mag in the attic somewhere. Was it white with splatter paint?

We also went to try a tandem – 1996 I think. Never quite worked out their multiple company names / business ideas over the years – looking at their website they still seem to have a bit of an identity crisis!

I managed to get the second page a few days ago – with both Chrome and IE.

The show certainly serves a purpose to highlight the little guys – there are a fair few companies I’ve never heard mentioned in the bike press. Even long term ST advertisers 18bikes never seem to get a mention in print.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Handmade Bicycle show’ is closed to new replies.