• This topic has 11 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by gee.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Handlebars – Wide & Flat & XC
  • will
    Free Member

So it seem the current trend is wide bars? I need some new one of my XTC 29er, so what do people recommend?

10mm rise would be nice I think?

ahwiles
    Free Member

‘current trend’…?

is it 2008 again?

anyway, i like my new Ritchey trail 2X; £30, 280g, 740mm.

Northwind

Quite a lot of them have weird angles- no upsweep, not much back, that sort of thing, doesn’t erally work on a wide bar imo.

Superstar do a carbon one, lithium maybe? Decent enough weight, good price etc and more sensible numbers. Mine seems good, looks more expensive than it was too which is always nice

NormalMan

I use fatbar lite’s on my 29er. The 10mm rise version.

soulwood
    Free Member

I use syntace vector 5 mm rise 12 degree backsweep 780 mm in alloy. They are available in 10mm rise as well, really comfy bars, about £60 from wiggle.

M6TTF
    Free Member

RSP ego carbon bar. 780mm wide 9º sweep, 4ºup – 10º rise. 49 quids

cp

depends hugely on what you like. eg. at 750mm wide my kinesis carbon r750 are a lovely shape. at 780 wide my superstar bars have an 8 deg sweep i think which just about works – could ideally do with a little less.

some people prefer the larger sweeps at smaller (700, 720 say) widths.

Only way really is to try a few cheap ones in various shapes.

jb93
    Free Member

Mount Zoom all day long. Super bars.

SirHC

Renthal Fatbar Lites, yet to find anyone that doesn’t like the feel of them!

unovolo
    Free Member

+1 for the Ritchey 2x bars, got a pair of the WCS Trail ones on my 29er probably the comfiest bars I have owned.
    You can have 5mm rise or flip them for 5mm drop and they have plenty of backsweep too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

I use an Easton EC70 wide flat, 720mm AFAIK and they’re really quite comfortable

gee
    Free Member

USE Atom flattie 710mm

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Handlebars – Wide & Flat & XC’ is closed to new replies.