Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • HANDLEBARS set up
  • popstar
    Free Member

As it goes quite popular these days what’s the next big thing with those wider handlebars?

Riding 680mm on my bike, tried friends bike with 720mm and liked it even more as it gave slower steering and more kind of precise leaning onto bars. Maybe myself wouldn’t go for 720mm but think 710mm is plenty enough as a compromise.

Do wider bars slow down your steering, and what about that stem magic? Longer – slower, shorter faster?

Hope to hear your opinions, and thanks in advance.

_tom_
    Free Member

Wider bars give a more stable ride as the steering is a bit slower. I have 760s at the minute and they’re great but a bit too wide for tighter trees and also dirt jumping, so I’m going down to 710mm which should be about right and a good compromise.

kiwijohn

Also consider stem length.
    700mm on a 50mm stem is just right for me.

popstar
    Free Member

The thing is, with my standard bike set up … it’s almost perfect but sometimes on tighter singletrack it behaves a little jerky too fast aka sega rally style. Which isn’t bad thing to some, but it’s tricky for me to hold on too that rythm. I tend to oversteer on left-right-left type of trails and sometimes when pushing really hard into berms oversteer there as well. Can’t come close to actually controlling that dive into corners with 680mm.

But with my riding buddie’s 720mm didn’t struggle at all, it was nice and slow diving into corners. All who tried my bike did comment on it’s scary sharpish dives into corners.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘HANDLEBARS set up’ is closed to new replies.