Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Handlebar Purchase Advice
  • anto164
    Free Member

Hi All,

After having a big off a few weeks ago, i’m now looking at parts to replace on my bike (I have another 3 weeks off the bike but i’m itching to fettle). I’ve had a few large crashes which i’m presuming have put a strain on my bars (And they’ve handled a lot of heavy riding) and i’d prefer to replace them before they fail on me as a safety precaution.

So, what am i looking for.

A <£100 handlebar made from anything apart from carbon. Also needs to have a width of more than 711mm (my current bars are this width and i find myself sometimes hanging off the ends of the bars). Also needs to be a low to mid rise, and have a nice sweep. For the riding they’ll get, they’ll go from DH days to XC epics on the same bike

So, can you all recommend, and place a reason why you’re recommending this particular bar?

br
    Free Member

Sunline V1’s?

Pretty light and a decent shape –

But tbh Easton Haven Carbon’s is what I’d buy (currently run Easton DH carbons).

kudos100
    Free Member

renthal. have taken massive stacks and are still going strong. answer are supposed to be good also

anto164
    Free Member

must add that i’ve got some sunline V1 OS bars in 711mm flavour, and i’m keen to try something different.

DT78
    Free Member

Take a look at nukeproof cheap too

stevede
    Free Member

Easton havocs are a very similar shape to the v1 745’s, i own both and rate both highly. Renthal are popular at the minute and for good reason with their history in mx, the colour is a bit marmite though.

hambl90
    Free Member

I’ve always stayed away from carbon until I recently bought some Easton dh carbon bars and I love em, would stick with Easton though as they’ve been making carbon bars for years.

prezet
    Free Member

+1 for Renthal

xherbivorex
    Free Member

recently got some sunline v1 745mm low rise and they’re brilliant.

tony24
    Free Member

Crank brothers iodine very light very strong and a proper smart gun metal colour for 57 quid

fuzzhead
    Free Member

I have some Reverse FLi XXl – 760mm wide, 19mm rise, nice sweep. I bought these after I bent some Sunline V1s – many stacks on the FLis and no bendage yet.

ash.addy
    Free Member

+2 for Renthal

rewski
    Free Member

Easton Haven Carbon Bar and Stem combo here – lovely, still getting used to wide bars though, clipped a few trees at Swinley last night.

rickmeister

+3 for Renthal Fatbar… lightish, crashproof, wide enough… reasonable price…

PJM1974
    Free Member

Easy, Nukeproof Warhead. It’s plenty stiff and will leave you £55 change. You have a choice between 760mm and the full 800mm monty if you wish. They’re light for their size and strength too.

I’ve got them on my AM bike and am chuffed to bits with them.

beanieripper
    Free Member

ide avoid all that generic branded stuff and go for renthal or easton..

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got some nukeproof warheads myself and up to now very happy with them. Renthal bars do look a good buy though…..

mrbump
    Free Member

funn fatboy bars. the best ive used. better than sunlines in my opinion. i also have some chromag osx but i’m not keen on the shape or the fact the they are extremley stiff. i’ve rode renthals and they are also extremely stiff. i prefer the vibration dampening qualities of the funn fatboy or sunline v1.
    don’t confuse them with funn fatboy b bars which are the cheap version.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar Purchase Advice’ is closed to new replies.