Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Handlebar HELP!
  • trickyd444
    Free Member

So, my MTB riser bars are 740mm with a 9 degree backsweep and a 5 degree upsweep. Very standard these days but not at all comfy for me.

My wrists/palms are rotated outwards when I’m climbing so the middle outside of my palm is pushing into the bars. It’s bloody painful after a few hours. No issue going downhill because its over too fast!

Anybody got any less backswept bars? I’m looking for either flat or 3 degree backsweep risers with ideally less than 3 degree upsweep also. I’ve scoured the interweb and not got an ideal solution, preferably don’t want to spend over £50 and don’t want narrower bars.

As for alternatives, yes I’ve tried a lower stem and I have tried rotating the bars in the stem a number of different angles so a new bar is my choice!

Any help would be appreciated.

SirHC
    Stevet1
    Free Member

Well no where near what you’re after but renthal bars have 7 degree backsweep. I’d have thought 3 degree bars in 740mm width would be terribly uncomfortable though, and suggest you may be barking up the wrong tree with regards to what’s causing your discomfort.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MadBillMcMad

Well no where near what you’re after but at the weekend I test rode a bike with a Jones bar.

It felt dead wired for about 5 minutes but then I forgot all about it, that is untill I got back on to my bike, with a fairly standard wide, slight backsweep.

My bars felt like someone was putting a Juso lock on my wrists.

Made me wonder about Jones’ for the future.

Northwind

Maybe this one?
    http://www.carboncycles.cc/?product_code=CC-HF183175

It has 6.5 degrees of backsweep but absolutely no up, so if you roll it forward it’ll give you about 3 degrees of up and 3 degrees of back. Not precisely what you’re after but pretty close.

I have one for sale, for exactly this reason- for me it’s not got enough sweep, they’d be £40 posted if you fancy it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar HELP!’ is closed to new replies.