Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Handlebar grips
  • lovetoride
    Free Member

Is it worth paying the extra for ODI/Lizard Skins lock on grips or are the superstar lock on grips a similar standard?

LordFelchamtheIII
    Free Member

Can’t vouch for the superstars, but the lock-ons are ace!

rocketman
    Free Member

I like many of Superstar’s products but I think the grips are crap. Awful plasticky things no wonder they’re cheap.

ODI expensive but you won’t be disappointed.

kevster
    Free Member

I have the Peaty grips which have served me well. Also used the ODI Ruffians but I thought they wore quickly, although they suited my small size hands. Not used Superstar but they apparently come out of the same factory?!

composite
    Free Member

I like the Superstar Excels, I don’t find them plasticky at all, each to their own. 🙂 Got them on 2 different bikes and onto my second pair on one bike. I also like that you can replace just the grip and don’t have to replace the lock rings.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve always used LizardSkin North Shores but have just put a set of Superstar Excels on my latest build as they are the same size (chunky for shovel hands).

The way i look at it is that even if they wear quicker (they feel similar quality to my existing grips), they were only £8.99 and i can replace just the grip section for £5.99 so worth a punt.

I won’t be spending £15+ for one set of ‘branded’ grips again any time soon unless these really are useless.

mindmap3
    Free Member

My other half has Superstar loc- ons and they seem fine (the Ruffian copies) my only issue with them is that they are really long, or at least they are compared to my grips.

I bought some cheap Ruffian copies from MTB Direct ages ago, but they seem to be destroying my hands at them. They used to be fine, but after having a cycling break for a couple of years and getting back into it last year I’m struggling with blisters on the palm of my hands. After a year of hoping it’ll get better, I have bitten the bullet and bought some Renthal grips.

I will admit though that I am my own worst enemy because I prefer thinner grips and minimalist gloves.

skids
    Free Member

Superstars are the same generic grips you can buy from ebay for less money, they even say so on the site. You can mix and match ODi, lizard skins and they should be more durable

ptrockymountain
    Free Member

Always had odi grips, recently changed to Esi racers edge silicone foam grips, these are fantastic
    Grips by far better than traditional ones.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Handlebar grips’ is closed to new replies.