Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Handle bar mount for Memory Map GPS ?
  • scruff
    Free Member

Is there anything apart from the Memory Map version fro £20? Reviews state its a bit fragile, its for an Adventurer 2800.

Esme
    Free Member

I already asked this question! However, the problems I’d encountered were because I was also using the extended life battery. The mount for the combined unit is not secure enough for MTB, in my experience.

Since then, I’ve just used the Adventurer 2800 by itself, and the mount is absolutely fine. And the battery life is also good.

scruff
    Free Member

Ok ta. Out of interest, how long does your battery last ?

fatboyjon

The supplied MM bracket is worse than shi7e, mine wobbled about so much I couldn’t see the screen properly, then it snapped and fell off. I bodged it back together with a different stem clamp and it’s a lot better but wouldn’t recommend buying one at all.

Esme
    Free Member

I don’t actually know, Scruff! But it’s more than adequate for a 4 hour ride. I’m just a bit paranoid about battery life, after endless problems with the Road Angel.

Whilst the extended battery pack caused problems on the mount, I now carry it in my backpack “just in case”.

fatboyjon

I usually get 4 or 5 hours from my standard battery, but I don’t tend to faff about with the screen too much as that makes a big difference.

Esme
    Free Member

It’s interesting that you’ve had problems with the MM mount, Fatboyjon – especially as it’s actually a RAM mount, highly recommended on the other thread . So I’m not sure you could buy any better.

That said, I’ve not tried the original “stem clamp”, as I asked MrEsme to bodge manufacture a more permanent fixing. Not because of any problem with the original, just me being a bit paranoid after earlier problems with the combined unit (GPS plus extended battery). I’m really happy with the current set-up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Handle bar mount for Memory Map GPS ?’ is closed to new replies.