Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Handing in your notice
  • ianpinder
    Free Member

I just hate doing it. Especially now I’m working in a small team, and this new job is totally out of the blue.

qwerty
    Free Member

Do it naked.

ianpinder
    Free Member

At least they won’t be able to hear what I’m saying over their screams of pain

murf
    Free Member

I’ll be doing the same in about 10 minutes, good luck, it’s not fun!

sandwicheater

Did the same on Monday, Worked here 10 years and represent a third of the work force. Felt horrible 😥

clubber
    Free Member

Always remember that everyone else would do the same.

totalshell

you owe them nothing.. they could have rid of you in the blink of an eye..

do it with a smile.. be nice to everyone.. thank them generously for thier help /support/ advice etc etc.. do not ever ever burn bridges.. you never know how or when or in what context you might cross thier path again..

eg ..when you ve just whacked someone it helps if someone can appear on the tv news and say what a nice ordinary bloke you were

russianbob
    Free Member

Jealous. Wish I was in that position.

tinsy
    Free Member

I flippin love it… as a contractor the only thing I know for sure when I start a job is it will finish, sometimes when its done, but sometimes when its not, ditching a duff job is all part of the fun.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Curling one out on the bosses desk is always good for a laugh but not suitable for most working relationships, I think you really have to hate him/her for that one.

I have never felt guilty about handing in my notice. It’s just a job and what people do.

phil.w
    Free Member

Handed mine in on Tuesday and have two weeks left knowing whatever projects I start won’t be finished before I leave.

So I may as well be spending the next two weeks on here then 🙂

flyingmonkeycorps

Tempting though a desk / poo interface may be, remember that it’s not the boss that’ll be cleaning it up, it’s the cleaners… Removed the temptation for me when I was made redundant 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

I’ve never hated it, always been looking forward to the new job. Best ever was when I knew the company enforced “gardening leave” as a strict policy, I’d planned the 3 months off on full pay already – it was the best thing that employer had ever done for me.

Ladders
    Free Member

Handed mine in Monday. Took me until after lunch to do it as I was nervous and waiting for the right time. Made a nice change for my my boss to be gutted that I was leaving. My last job you could see my boss was pleased when I handed my notice in – bitch!

benji
    Free Member

Last time I did it, they talked me out of it with a decent deal, still there now and happy.

ianpinder
    Free Member

Well I’m going back to my last job, it was a risk leaving it because all the people who worked there were really nice, however I wanted to live in another part of the country. Yesterday they rang me up with an offer that I couldn’t say no too….

scotroutes

I felt bad leaving both my last jobs. The big one was an Early Retirement thing and whilst I owed my employers nothing I knew some of my colleagues wanted the same deal.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Handing in your notice’ is closed to new replies.