• This topic has 19 replies, 19 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by rone.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Handing hire cars back dirty…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

The excuse of a hire car we have at the mo in Cannes ( Opel corsa*)rented from enterprise is absolutely filthy and somehow full of sand, am I likely to be penalised? Or worth getting it cleaned before handing back ?
    It’s been pretty sandy and loaded with snorkelling gear.
    My children are to blame !

* Opel corsa has 5000klm on it and is a peice of sh1t to drive I can’t believe anyone would buy one – ever !

Thanks in advance

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Are you really asking this?

LET’S GO MENTAL! IT’S A RENTAL!

Caher

I always give it the once over if I haven’t taken the full insurance (ie if the company hasn’t paid the hire cost)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    unfitgeezer
    Free Member

CaptainFlashheart – Member
    Are you really asking this?

LET’S GO MENTAL! IT’S A RENTAL!

…those days are behind me 🙄 with the array of exotic cars we’ve seen here going mental in a corsa would just be silly…

PiknMix
    Free Member

As long as it’s not damaged IME enterprise don’t care what state it’s in (and I have handed back some utter shockers recently)

hanchurch
    Free Member

If it’s not filthy and got 5mm less tread on the front tyres then you haven’t used it properly!

scaredypants

I’m currently wondering whether my family will ever eat again will let me have a new bike after we return our rented minivan to dollar at LAX – has the imprint of a ( inefficiently braked) 1987 jeep in/on the rear bumper. Not our fault at all but I’m expecting them to take the piss at least regarding the excess
    🙁

P-Jay
    Free Member

As someone who used to wash and clean hire cars – they won’t bat an eyelid, in reality it’ll take 10-15 mins longer to prep for the next customer.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Dusty/sandy outside and in, no real issues.
    Mud splattered outside, no issues.. mud splattered inside, might get pulled up on it.
    IME.

hammyuk
    Free Member

bikebouy – Member
    Dusty/sandy outside and in, no real issues.
    Mud splattered outside, no issues.. mud splattered inside, might get pulled up on it.
    IME.

That wasn’t mud though………

bubs

The wording in ours said that if it took longer than 30mins to clean there could be an additional charge. We picked up an immaculate Seat Leon FR but the kids soon made it look like our usual car…the only thing we did was make sure they didn’t have access to felt tips or biros.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

My children are to blame !

Get your children to clean it?

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above there will a “fair use” sort of wording, its up to you to judge how dirty is acceptable to the rental company. It would seem to me 1€ spent at the “lavage” for a hoover round would seem decent insurance. The outside I would not bother with.

RoterStern
    Free Member

A few years ago I had to leave a rental car uncleared in the airport car park after being stuck in traffic for nearly three hours and getting on our plane by the skin of our teeth and so leaving no time to clean the car (had full family with me). The rental company charged me an extra 250 quid for cleaning costs and ‘finding’ costs even though I parked it in their parking area but in the mad rush didn’t note the bay number.

Jerome
    Free Member

@scardeypants.
    Check your policy. My experience of usa hire car is that often your only choice is to take fully comp no excess insurance.
    figures crossed for you..

darrenspink
    Free Member

I’d say clean up as best you can and take a few snaps.

nealglover
    Free Member

The wording in ours said that if it took longer than 30mins to clean there could be an additional charge.

I’d be pissed off if I had to pay a penalty because they employed a crap Valeter who can’t work quickly.

vintagewino
    Free Member

Our car in France this year also had a clause about cleaning, they specifically said they would charge if it came back dirty. Seems to be a new thing. The car went back spotless, and with a couple of new scratches they didn’t see cos it was so clean. Suckers!

geoffj

Jamba +1
    I always vacuum the hire car at the end of a beach holiday.
    Manners innit.

rone

Yeah 5 mins in the jet wash seems a smart move. Did it in Moab a couple of weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Handing hire cars back dirty…’ is closed to new replies.