Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Handbrake settings – what do you use.
  • stumpyjon

I’m struggling to get a useable mp4 file out of Handbrake for viewing on a tablet. Played with various settings starting out with just Android tablet and not fiddling, this kicked out a 5 Gb file which I couldn’t even transfer to the SD card. Tried using the MPEG-4 codec, got a 2Gb file out in 20 minutes, great except it was an unwatchable mess. I would like settings to give me a watchable film on a ten inch tablet around about 2 Gb that won’t take 7 hours to encode, top tips?

parkesie
    Free Member

Glad its not just me 🙂

Rockhopper
    Free Member

DVDFab is my weapon of choice.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Russell96

I had funnies with an Asus Transformer and it’s Tegra chipset so first port of call was the devices section in the Handbrake forums where I found the using the high profile preset and replacing the advanced settings string with a suggested string would work and it did which I then saved as a new preset.

So take a search on https://forum.handbrake.fr/viewforum.php?f=7&sid=44be9fae191b760b5671bcd2bee114d9 Basically all Andriod devices are not created equal they have different screen resolutions and graphics/cpu chipsets

joeyj
    Free Member

I googled the settings for handbrake before they had iPad presets and found some really good sites (sorry can’t remember what they were). These worked really well and they are simple to add to the handbrake presets, try reinstalling it again as sometimes it does cause issues when converting.

piemonster

Braked or unbraked, generally.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Handbrake settings – what do you use.’ is closed to new replies.