Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Handbags!
  • rascal
    Free Member

The wife had a handbag clearout last night.
    Some are being binned, some going to charity and some to ebay.
    I thought there’d be 5 or 6 going.
    Bloody FIFTEEN! And she still has at least that many now.
    No wonder there was no storage room in the house 😯

bigblackshed

h+1 innit. 😉

lunge

15, that’s really not many if you wife is anything to go by, you’ve done alright there.

dufusdip
    Free Member

Is this a subtle ‘Who wants to buy a handbag?’ thread?

😀

Cougar

Shoes next?

sandwicheater

Often feel a tad jealous of couples with hand bags. My wife doesn’t have any and as a result, I have to carry everything. Would be handy having an additional bag or 15 to carry stuff about in.

adjustablewench
    Free Member

Can’t stand handbags, and yes I’m female, why lug so much stuff around – phone keys money, what more do you need? – i just don’t get the need to lug something the size of an overnight bag around with you.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Is this a subtle ‘Who wants to buy a handbag?’ thread?

Post a link on the how to ride drop offs thread – job done.

Xylene
    Free Member

Mrs Q has dozens of the things.

Just recently, she has dug out three Louis Vitton ones, that she had bought many years ago at bargain basement (loan sharking) prices.

I hate them, look just the same as the thousands of copies that are everywhere out here. Don’t get it at all.

Saying that I do have a manbag, I don’t use it all the time, but it does come in handy.

zippykona

To be fair I’ve summer cycle to work bag, winter cycle to work, walk to work general and walk to work big.
    Dog walk bag and a man bag.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Just recently, she has dug out three Louis Vitton ones, that she had bought many years ago at bargain basement (loan sharking) prices.

It’s a shame they’re not Louis Vuitton; they’re collectors items now. £5k for the right ones…

cookeaa

We have a lot of handbags in our house pretty much all stuffed full of useless crap, often with rotting fruit in the bottom (no really) there was talk of a clearout recently, and then another one turned up, the previous favourite is now sat on the kitchen table now, gradually having it’s contents transferred to the new one…

Oh and then there’s change bags, twice the size, more than ample for carrying everything you might need for a day out with a couple of kids, but essentially an extension of the mobile crap horde hanging from my missus arm…

allthegear
    Free Member

I went through a phase of handbags. Got over it now, though.

Mostly. Want a satchel now.

Rachel.

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Bought my wife a new hand/shoulder bag for crimbo, her old one of 15+ years was looking the worse for wear.

choppersquad
    Free Member

We had to buy a new bed with under bed storage, because Mrs Squad needed more room for hers.
    To be fair she’s been given most of them but I still don’t really get the whole ‘bag’ thing.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like handbags, I have outfits to suit too.. 😀

CountZero

One of my ex’s didn’t do the handbag thing, anything that didn’t go into a pocket was rubbish, and was added to the sea of detritus that covered the floor of her 2CV. I lost a heavy silver ID bracelet for several months among all the rubbish.
    I have three courier bags of various sizes that get used regularly, the smallest is perfect for days out walking for putting my camera, binos and flask in, with maybe some munchies.
    I also have a green canvas paper-bag, the sort kids used for their paper-round, great for just dropping some odds-and-ends into.

ourmaninthenorth

I still don’t really get the whole ‘bag’ thing.

Bags and shoes always fit, even when you’re having a fat day.

Or so I’m told.

I rather like handbags – in the same way I appreciate lots of finely crafted things.

Xylene
    Free Member

It’s a shame they’re not Louis Vuitton; they’re collectors items now. £5k for the right ones…

That is how much I know about them – she tells me they are worth about 800quid a piece or so.

JoeG
    Free Member

she tells me they are worth about 800quid a piece

You could buy a bike for that! 😯

samuri
    Free Member

That sounds about right.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Hmmmm…

I have:

– big briefcase
    – little briefcase
    – big riding pack
    – little riding pack

And I make no effort to co-ordinate any of those with my outfits. It’s “easy” to see how it could get out of hand.

🙂

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Occasionally we have to instigate the one-in, one-out process in our house when the shoe situation starts going out of control.
    Currently we are reaching wellie (in various colours/patterns) critical mass. What’s wrong with having a single pair of green wellies that actually do a job?

I have no ideas what the handbag situation is. When they start spilling out of her wardrobe I’ll be dropping hints.

ekul
    Free Member

Handbags aren’t really the biggest issue in our house (although a quick tot up has just revealed that even they are worth >£6k collectively?!) but bloody shoes!! The rack under the stairs is full of them, and theres a cupboard upstairs that is exclusively for shoes. She bollocks me for wasting my money on bike kit and she has 13 pairs(?!?!) of Jimmy Choo’s. Some of them are exactly the same but with slightly different heights etc! And then theres the other ones that get worn once, forgotten about and then new ones get bought as a result.

I need to stage an intervention.

nickc

I have a laptop bag, and rather nice leather briefcase, and a Mission Workshop courier bag, and a Acre Hauser (if we’re counting bike luggage as well)

Bags are ace. 8)

rascal
    Free Member

I agree – bags are good. I have A work man bag. One.
    But clearly there’s an issue if you’re chucking 15 away 😉

miketually
    Free Member

Threads like this make me appreciate my wife more.

benp1

I have at least that many rucksacks

Doesn’t include holdalls, courier bags or other useful carrying devices

Don’t even ask about shoes

(I realise this makes me sound like a girl, but it’s because I have a lot of hobbies and the result is a lot of kit that fulfils very specific purposes)

DrJ

Camera bags get out of hand just as quickly as handbags – I am constantly on the search for the Ultimate Camera Bag, but of course different trips need different bags, from a full-fledged FF trip to a little street photo outing.

dazh

I’m afraid in chez Daz I’m the main offender in the bag+1 stakes. 4 MTB backpacks, 2 walking day-sacks, a climbing specific pack, 2 back-packing sacks, and a climbing rope bag. The mrs has got 2 handbags that only come out at weddings, and even then she tries to avoid it.

DezB
    Free Member

I have a hell of a lot of carrier bags stuffed into a drawer in my kitchen.
    Variety of colours they are.

slowoldgit
    Free Member

Carradice Musette here: all a chap needs, and it’s black and waterproof.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

To be fair I’ve summer cycle to work bag, winter cycle to work, walk to work general and walk to work big.
    Dog walk bag and a man bag

I get by with

spacemonkey

In the last couple of years I’ve found 3 unpackaged handbags tucked away in the wardrobe. I Googled one of them and it was £800 FFS. I really don’t understand the need (nor justification).

jon1973
    Free Member

she tells me they are worth about 800quid a piece

You could buy a bike for that!

Some people have their priorities all wrong 🙂

Xylene
    Free Member

You could buy a bike for that!

Strange she tells me that I can have a fatbike if I want with the sale of them.

matt_outandabout

Mrs_oab has one. Somewhere.

Thankfully, her idea of a handbag for day to day looks like this. 😀

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Handbags!’ is closed to new replies.