Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Hand Tattoo .. Yay or Nay ?
  • plus-one

Got an urge to get a nice hand tattoo .. Something classy(if that’s possible with a tattoo) I have a fair few already and always stuck to the all hidden with long sleeve shirt mentality ..

However as tattoos are more widely accepted these days with moving away from rough tacky ones of years ago and the army now relaxing rules on tattoos on show etc I’m tempted..

My current job has no anti tattoo on show policy/agenda so no worries..(but know I may not always work there)

Would love to see/hear experience from folks who have them in very prominent places 🙂

Cheers

pk13

No hands or face it’s the rules.

Jamie
    Free Member

Speshpaul

I’d say anything outside of a collar or cuff is going to be a issue with some people. If you can cover it up then they don’t have to look at it.

So nay.

plus-one

Nice one Jamie a whole 3 minutes before you posted … You getting slow in your old age 😉

alpin
    Free Member

what is the deal with these neck star tattoos? bit of an odd (irreversible) trend.

worked with a guy who had all sorts tattooed on his hand. my favourite was perhaps his attempt at a spider or his prison number….

Stoner
    Free Member

I say yay!

hels
    Free Member

It will hurt – a lot. Lots of nerves close to the skin in that area.

A friend of mine has a really nice Maori tattoo around one finger (she is Maori for the record, so it’s allowed) she covers it up with a tacky plastic ring for job interviews. Somehow that is more acceptable with the Straights.

Trimix
    Free Member

Why risk doing something permanent that your not sure about ?

How many of your views on fashion / taste / life are the same now as they were decades ago ?

Nevermind what others think, you are unlikely to think the same now as you will in 10 or 20+ years.

br
    Free Member

As long as accept that it could cause you a problem in the future and you won’t come on here and complain about been discriminated against, it’s your body.

Personally, I wouldn’t recruit anyone with face/hand tattoo’s nor would I be surprised if they were more likely to be seen as a ‘Crim’ by the authorities.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Depends on what you do but it is likely to be an impact with some employers and some people
    Mrs JY has them and folk do notice them and occasionally she hides them with frilly collars and jewellery. Yours will always be on show
    Its your call but there is no way back from this

iolo
    Free Member

Up to you OP.
    If you want one, get one. Don’t ask a forum to decide.
    Think long and hard about it as if you get one, they’re bloody hard and expensive to rub off should you change your mind.

cubist
    Free Member

According to my 4yr old daughter ‘Anyone with a tattoo on their face has been to prison’. She told us this at volume when spying a rather unfriendly looking man mountain in the supermarket. Without wanting to seem narrow minded, in his case she could well have been correct.

ton

my son has tattoos on the back of his hands, as well as everywhere else.
    I let him know what a **** I think he is every time I see him.
    but he is a ace person….so it don’t really matter does it.

jon1973
    Free Member

Yes, do it. What have I got to lose?

Jamie
    Free Member

If you’re going to do it, then go hard or go home.

plus-one

All good stuff guys … Yes it’s a no going back alright … Just good to hear other opinions on it … I just need more folks to say don’t be bloody stupid !!!! 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

It’s a great idea. Do it.

ton

can I just add, one of my sons is a tat of a fancy ornate pocket watch/compass. it is very detailed and obviously a nice bit of art work.
    just in the wrong place for me.

slowoldman

According to my 4yr old daughter ‘Anyone with a tattoo on their face has been to prison’

From out of the mouths of babes eh?

neilwheel
    Free Member

Don’t be bloody stupid.

finbar
    Free Member

Don’t hand tats fade/lose detail quicker than other parts of the body? Something to do with the rate of skin renewal maybe? Probably best not to go for anything too intricate/colourful if you decide to go ahead

(I might be talking b0ll0x, but I’m sure I’ve read that in a few places)

Houns

I’m not anti tattoo, some tats look amazing and I do admire some on other people, however no matter how amazing they are, tats on hands and face will always look s***e

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

tattoos are supposed to make a statement about you. can you get one that says “I had to ask the Internet before I got this”? If you can you probably should, just to let people know.

DezB
    Free Member

Get a map of somewhere you know really really well..

Jamie
    Free Member

To be serious, just get ‘Buy Milk’ tattooed on the back of your hand. You’ll be amazed at how handy it’ll come in.

daftvader
    Free Member

At the place I am getting my sleeve done they call them job Stoppers….

kayla1
    Free Member

Hand/face = nope

kendo954
    Free Member

Id say no to hand tats…… But it’s your call

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yes, do it. What have I got to lose?

Brilliant!

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

However as tattoos are more widely accepted these days

Yeah but in 30 years time when tattoos are not so in fashion, alot of people are going to be wandering around looking like right d!cs 😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

At the place I am getting my sleeve done they call them job Stoppers….

But that is in the ‘Stoke!

😉

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

To be serious, just get ‘Buy Milk Don’t cock slap her’ tattooed on the back of your hand. You’ll be amazed at how handy it’ll come in.

Gary_M
    Free Member

hand tattoo .. Something classy

There’s a combination of words you don’t often hear.

emsz
    Free Member

Friend on mine is a nurse, she has a moustache on the inside of her first finger. A gang if them got them done on a hen in Blackpool (no surprise)

She got the twirly curly one.

It’s a bit daft, but not really a problem

DezB
    Free Member

This page made I laugh = http://1tattooideas.com/pics/cool/ .. Cool 😆

Gary_M
    Free Member

Friend on mine is a nurse, she has a moustache on the inside of her first finger. A gang if them got them done on a hen in Blackpool (no surprise)

You don’t live in Glasgow by any chance?

freeagent
    Free Member

Are you –

A – a Sex worker
    B – a South American Gang Member
    C – doing a long Stretch inside

If you answered yes to any of the above – get a Tat on your hand.

I’m not anti tattoo – I have a pretty big one on my shoulder, but firmly believe they are better when they can be covered for a job interview/court appearance/first meeting with prospective new in-laws.

irc

Every decades old tattoo I have seen was blurred and faded. Not a good look. So it’s a no from me. Especially on the hands.

Or have inks and techniques improved?

d45yth
    Free Member

There’s no need to break the mould here, just get the typical love/hate and a couple of swallows – job done. 😆

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 89 total)

The topic ‘Hand Tattoo .. Yay or Nay ?’ is closed to new replies.