Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hamsterley trail traps
  • Swalsey
    Free Member

Just a quick word of warning – I had to clear 4 piles of large-ish branches from the red and black trails on Friday morning, they seem to have been left deliberately in thoughtful places such as berms, over blind crests or rollers and after small drops. I’ve emailed the ranger, here are the pictures to give you an idea. I was not amused!

They were on the singletrack bits between the road (that you join after doing the man-made bit near the 4X track) and the cafe.

butcher

There’s a lot of branches around at the moment, as many of them have fallen under the weight of the snow. So worth being extra vigilant wherever you are. …if it’s been snowing, of course.

Swalsey
    Free Member

For anybody who feels like telling me to MTFU, or that I am wrong and that all of the larger branches had coincidentally fell in a pile in such places, don’t waste your time. I cleared them for the inexperienced rider I was taking out, and in light of the recent rope trap it is worth making people aware if nothing else.

Skywalker, I see you have learned a stereotypical STW response! There are a few of you who jump on an opportunity to make yourself sound clever in cyberspace. Who are you trying to impress? (Don’t bother answering, that’s rhetorical). I don’t complain about much at all actually. I’ll complain now about people who have little constructive to do or say. I assume you would have just hopped the rope trap too… Anyway if you fancy some confrontation go find somebody who also has nothing better to do with their Sunday instead of making smart remarks to strangers, or perhaps you could demonstrate your awesomeness in a more constructive way.

skywalker
    Free Member

😆

mdavids
    Free Member

Looks like a pretty tame attempt at trail sabotage compared to the rope trap but thanks for the heads up OP. I ride there often and can get there early so if this sort of thing becomes a regular occurance its good to know. Theres many places you could sabotage that section and you can easily be going 20+ mph.

davski
    Free Member

Haha owned^…
    an well done for reporting..
    They may only b branches but next time could b huge rocks etc
    Sounds like it was on special k and brainfreeze, 2 fast trails..

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Good one Swalsey, my lad rides up there & I’ll tell him to watch out for stuff like that.
    Skywalker, STFU.

zangolin
    Free Member

+1 for Skywalker to STFU with his/her imbecilic post.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley trail traps’ is closed to new replies.