Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hamsterley Forest – Can you tell me something about the trails there please?
  • coolhandluke
    Free Member

Off up there on a work related thing and looking to get a ride in….

Worth it or not?

Crazy ace trails or dull boring things?

looking through the titnerweb all I can find is a tame sounding red or short black.

Owt else?

neninja
    Free Member

It’s actually pretty good if you link the best bits together. It seems to be a place where local knowledge really helps as signage isn’t the best, there is no up to date map and a lot of the best trails are unmarked.

The black is quite short but once the initial fireroad climbs are out of the way has a fair bit of rooty singletrack and some fun descents. These can easily be linked with the newer sections of red – Transmission and Section 13 which are great fun.

toons
    Free Member

Watch this http://mtbnortheast.ning.com/video/orange-bikes-hamsterley

There’s a few hidden bits in that video, but mostly the black.

Defo worth it, email me for a route.

Wookster

Black run us great fun just a huge (well is not that bad at all) climb at the start but it’s fast and I really like it. I would do a couple of loops of the skills section that’s a good laugh too!!

neil853
    Free Member

Its a place i’ve been riding for nearly 20 years. Local knowledge hels a lot as there’s loads of cheeky bits that are fantastic. If you’re going on your own the black is very good but short so i’f try to get someone on her to show you around (i’m in the NW now).

Oh and its almost ALWAYS muddy (really muddy) 😆

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley Forest – Can you tell me something about the trails there please?’ is closed to new replies.