Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hamsterley conditions?
  • RicB

Thinking of going tomorrow…..

miketually
    Free Member

Supposed to be running well at the moment.

Make sure you ride the new trail on the Black – Pike’s Teeth; about ten minutes into the Black route – as well as the new red trail stuff near the DH trails.

neil853
    Free Member

As bike says, new pikes teeth section should be open, ride it while its smoooooooth

dthom3uk

There are going to be some trail closures on Tue, Wed and Thr due to trail building. Check out the Hamsterley Trailblazers FB page or website for details.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

It’s ok condition wise but beware that some bits are shut, as in you only find out they’re shut once you’ve got to them. I was following my lad on Saturday & Pikes Teeth was shut (now open he thinks) Star Wars was the other one & is still shut (he thinks)
    It was pretty dry on Saturday anyway.

miketually
    Free Member

Star Wars is currently under a pile of felled trees, I believe.

RicB

Ok looks like pikes teeth is open 🙂

What’s the general consensus- follow red all the way round, plus black; or link certain bits with fire road?

miketually
    Free Member

The red all the way round is a bit of a fireroad slog at times.

I’d base it on the Black route. Once you get to the Grove, climb up to the top of Transmission the down Transmission, Accelerator and Nitrous to the Grove again. Then up to do Section 13, Special K and Brain Freeze down to the car parks again.

legolam
    Free Member

http://app.strava.com/activities/99546468

This is the best bits of the black/red as per miketually (with a couple of off-piste bits thrown in for good measure).

RicB

Thanks for the the route suggestions folks. Went today and had a great ride

Pike teeth was okaaaay but not fantastic (apologies to those who spent hours building it). No way is it black grade, the table tops are a little short and the landing spots are flat but the little launch pads after each berm were great fun 🙂

miketually
    Free Member

Pike teeth was okaaaay but not fantastic (apologies to those who spent hours building it). No way is it black grade

I’ve seen complaints to this effect on Facebook. I’d guess that once it cuts in a bit and foliage starts to regrown it’ll get a bit harder.

sharkattack

This is me on the new Pikes Teeth yesterday

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley conditions?’ is closed to new replies.