Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hamsterley conditions?
  • jackal
    Free Member

Just wondering how bad (or good) the conditions are at hamsterley at the minute?
    We’re doing an uplift there on fri then xc trails Saturday,and it looks like more rain forecast for next few days.
    Is it/will it be a mudfest or is it not too bad in the wet?

Cheers.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

The downhill tracks are a hoot in the wet. I wouldnt bother doing the black XC route, I’d do a few times round transition-accelerator-nitrous and then a few loops of special K leading onto someother black route thing. Don’t bother doing the full red XC route it’s all crap fire road untill you get to transition-accelerator-nitrous so have a look at the map and just head up the fire road to the start of it.

smogmonster

+1 for Hexhamstu’s comments. Hamsterley is a total mudfest after any rain. Make sure you head upto Section 13 though..its just above the Descend Cabin…and do the Tranny Triple as many times as you can be arsed riding back up.

jackal
    Free Member

Cheers for the info lads 😉

How muddy then? Wet scream muddy? Could chuck some of those on for the dh on fri, if not its high rollers?

Cheers!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Depends how much its raining! I’m in Swansea at the moment so no idea! Maybe wet scream muddy, I found minions to be ok last time I was there in the mud. The main line isn’t too bad for mud, it’s some of the other rootier runs that become difficult.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

http://app.strava.com/rides/10802107

This is the route I recommend, repeat until too tired to carry on.

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The DH is on a North facing hill with pretty dense coverage – so it doesn’t dry out quickly. If it’s raining there’ll be a lot of spray but it shouldn’t be too sticky.

The manmade XC trails run pretty good in the wet with normal tyres, but last weekend I wish I’d had the fenders fitted.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley conditions?’ is closed to new replies.