Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hamsterley conditions
  • legolam
    Free Member

Anyone know what things are like at Hamsterley? Was thinking of heading there tomorrow pre night shift and doing the Doctors Gate loop, but wouldn’t go if it was very icy as my skills (or lack of!) will let me down!

t0mmm
    Free Member

On Saturday it was lethal, sheet ice all round the black route / transmission, would have gone back if we hadn’t driven for an hour+ to get there. Managed to get round unscathed but very carefully with a lot of unplanned speedway manoeuvres along the way.

Temps look better this week 8-9c so hopefully within a few days it might melt?

Oh and the main carpark was closed off, I guess due to the ice…

If you do go, please report back, got another trip planned for wed!

Cheers

Swalsey
    Free Member

It wasn’t much better than that this morning – it may well have thawed by tomorrow but I’d wait another day to be sure, or it’s a waste of travelling time.

legend
    Free Member

I’ve heard it’s a bit ropey at the moment 😕

(I’ll get my coat)

legolam
    Free Member

LOL @ legend!

Maybe I’ll give it a miss tomorrow and head down at the weekend. Looks like another afternoon playing in the mud at Chopwell!

wolly
    Free Member

It was thawing yesterday, still bad patches black route was rideable

mchlptchr
    Free Member

Was there yesterday and all the trails with tree cover were perfectly rideable. Probably best staying clear of the moors, transmission & section 13 though…

Some dodgy sections of fireroad around but of the 10 of us riding only 2 had ice related dismounts.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley conditions’ is closed to new replies.