Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hamsterley car rally today. Which trails are closed?
  • ahsat

This notice is on the Forestry Commission webpage:

” On Sunday 28 April, the Tour of Hamsterley car rally will be held in the forest. It is anticipated there will be considerable disruption to the walking and cycling trail networks. The main Bedburn car park and associated visitor facilities will all be open as usual. The Grove car park will be reserved for rally spectator parking. Please see trail pages for specific trail information.”

I was planning to head there today to practice the skills i learnt with Ed-O yesterday (another fab day) on trails i know well. However i can’t find any more information about what is closed. Looking at the rally spectator map i am guessing the trails from the mast probably aren’t going to be open but not sure. Anyone know any more. Might just go to Chopwell to save battling with the Hamsterley race traffic anyway.

danw117
    Free Member

not a bad morning up here i can see chopell from my front window but blustery but dry at the moment some dark clouds about and strong gusts

ahsat

Cheers danw117. Im about 4 miles up the road from Chopwell. Think it might be some powerline’ing rather than a hamsterley battle!

slider888
    Free Member

was up hamsterley yesterday & think transmission down over will be shut.its was all getting taped off.pikes, route 666 & star wars will be closed as well.think section 13 down to the skills loop will be open like

ahsat

Cheers Slider. Can’t be bothered driving over for one side of the valley. Chopwell it is then. Thank you.

neil853
    Free Member

Yep, I was meant to be coaching there today but had to cancel. As far as I could see it was only posted on the website on Tuesday………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hamsterley car rally today. Which trails are closed?’ is closed to new replies.