Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • hamsterley
  • danbillam
    Free Member

We rode descend hamsterley today for the first time, what a place. So much fun!
    There was a photographer doing photos all day but when we realised to ask where to find the pics it was too late couldn’t find him.

Does anyone know where to find these pics? Thanks

the_chosen_llama
    Free Member

Check out the descend hamsterly facebook page photographers often post the pics there.

dlr

I have ridden the XC a lot there, making my own lap up to avoid the tedious bits on the red, also some other bits (….), not tried the bike park itself, the videos I have seen look too scary especially when combined with the wet roots etc! Are there dlr/chicken lines round the bigger drops?

I should probably ask at the hut next time I’m going past, bound to be some easier lines….How long did the uplift bit take? I think you have to ride a short distance from the bottom to the pickup point? I know you can pay to ride the park without the uplift but that climb up through it is just so evil lol

muzzle
    Free Member

There was a photographer at Whinlatter last year – we asked him where the photos would show up, and he said they’d be published on Roots and Rain.

danbillam
    Free Member

Sorry forgot about this. The photos go on a free page on face book called drop off photography. The uplift point is 2 mins rolling down a fire track from the finish points and uplift is very efficient and takes less than 10 minutes until your back up top. Will be going again in a few weeks.

STATO
    Free Member

not tried the bike park itself, the videos I have seen look too scary especially when combined with the wet roots etc! Are there dlr/chicken lines round the bigger drops?

Not really. There are some easier tracks but some drops are fenced in so you have to take them. Its a great place but if your a plodder (like me) you really need a DH bike, armour and a full face. I know people who can do it on ‘enduro’ bikes but they arnt the sort who look for chicken lines.

While you do need to pay to ride it they probably wont mind you walking down to take a look if you ask first (at the top carpark or the hut if its open) and take care for riders, there are a lot of lines crossing so do take care!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘hamsterley’ is closed to new replies.