Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,818 total)
  • Hampshire Riding
  • eranu
    Free Member

You should meet up and find the trail building crew; spend thirty mins with us then ride on 🙂

TheBrick
    Free Member

Do I need change for parking?

cinnamon_girl

Shirley parking won’t be as dear as Moors Valley!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    eranu
    Free Member

You will need change; think it’s £1.50 for an hour and £3 for all day.

TheBrick
    Free Member

thank eranus.

@cinniman_girl. I’ve never paid there! I know its expensive though. I’ve either goen after work (late so free) or can ride there easily from my house.

cinnamon_girl

TheBrick – it cost me £8 recently! Folk on here told me I could park elsewhere and ride in, will do that next time.

TheBrick
    Free Member

£8 is ridiculous for something that does not have a days worth of activities there.

Well QECP was fun. There before 09:00 after having to go into Southampton to buy some bits. Two loops of the red. Went off far too quick up the red the first time and was hanging but the time I got to the not a fire road but nearly a fire road section. Could not find the start of the blue to try that one out. Next time I think I’ll take an O/S map and combine it with a ROW loop to make a long ride out of it. Shame its so far away, if they could just move it and hills west a bit….

bikebouy
    Free Member

I rode over there too on the CXer, I too did two laps then a sandwich and ride home again, all in 6 hrs in the saddle, excellent t the sodding pinch flat in the rear that needed fixing 5 sodding times 🙄

TheBrick
    Free Member

Had someone ask if I was rattled to bits on my rigid bike, good luck they did not see you on a CX!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lots of dog walkers and campers there wasn’t there. Been some time since I’ve seen it that busy..

The only bit I don’t like is the long decent over the rocks and tree stumps that ends in the lower Carpark, that’s hard on my elbows 😆

TheBrick
    Free Member

I bet! Was bussy as I was leaving, but that was why I aimed to get there early. I kept an eye out for the trail building but did not see anyone. My plan was to do 30 min or so work if I found them.

cinnamon_girl

Not sure whether this has been posted, it’s Hampshire Rights of Way map and you can choose what you’d like to see. It also includes the original HCC off road cycle routes which is handy.

http://localviewmaps.hants.gov.uk/LocalViewmaps/Sites/ROWOnline/#

More time wasted. 😀

Edit: interesting, also covers other counties!

cinnamon_girl

Imber Church on Salisbury Plain will be open daily from Saturday 8th August through to Sunday 23rd August. Opening time is 11.00 am and closes at 4.00 pm.

Refreshments available (possibly served by yours truly) and jars of delicious Salisbury Plain honey will be for sale.

Happy to provide route info if anyone wants to cycle, ideal grrrrravel bike territory.

More info here:

http://www.imberchurch.org.uk/

cobrakai

Spent tooooo much time at Imber!

Just noticed this thread.

Got some nice routes from my door in Bishops Waltham but mostly heading over to West walk which is dry at the moment. Walk and run there with the dog quite a lot so clear some of the deer tracks as I go.

cinnamon_girl

Spent tooooo much time at Imber!

Spill the beans please cobrakai!

cobrakai

It was always the final push on exercise. Good memories because end ex was called when we got there!

cinnamon_girl

Ah, a welcome sight then!

cinnamon_girl

Have you been inside the church?

jambalaya
    Free Member

@cg I’ve joined the Facebook group and will try and get over there.

cinnamon_girl

jambalaya – it’s definitely worth a visit, there’s a display that includes documents from the War Office and loads of info about the history of the village.

cobrakai

Haven’t been in the church actually!

johnj2000
    Free Member

Well I am sticking to Hampshire from now on, it’s much safer. Great ride but car was broken into and stuff taken, from Swinley

velogee
    Free Member

Hi guys I’m new to the forum and found this thread as I have dusted off the hardtail a couple of times this summer and remembered how much I enjoy it. Looks as though there’s plenty to ride in Hampshire. I’m a roadie these days but would be interested in trying some local XC as I find trail centres a bit too communal for me. I’m based in Basingstoke

cinnamon_girl

john – years ago I had my car broken into at a Hampshire beauty spot. Came back from a 10 mile hike to find that my tatty trainers, holey socks and well-used Ron Hill tracksters had been stolen. 😐

velogee – welcome to the Hampshire thread. 🙂 You’re lucky as the Basingstoke vicinity has loads of xc trails. May I suggest taking a look at this link, you’ll find xc trails highlighted on the mapping. If you’d like any gpx’s then just post up:

I would advise full body cover as trails are not regularly maintained! Any questions, just post!

velogee
    Free Member

cinnaomn_girl thanks for the map I’ll have a good look at it. Hopefully this rain will stop and I can go out tomorrow.

cinnamon_girl

You’re welcome and do report back. Trails will be even more overgrown thanks to today’s deluge! Just watch out for wet chalk though.

garage-dweller

Man up and gain some scar tissue in shorts. The brambles are bad but the nettles are worse 😆

cinnamon_girl

Hey garage-dweller, some of us have enough scars from falling off the bike!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Cheeky post work 30 mile loop today. New tyres (Challenge Strada Bianca) are delicious. About 1mph or more faster and have made the bike feel so much better.

Lovely dry roads and tracks around the river and home in time for beer and an epic fish pie. Happy.

cinnamon_girl

And he’s still besotted with his Diverge. 😀 Not heard of those tyres before Cap’n, what width?

Just realised that this super duper Hampshire mapping does not highlight permissive tracks. What a shame.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Thinking of a long SDW ride tomorrow. Family away so I can play but the rear shock for the cotic is at the menders. Long ride on the 29er it will have to be

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You’ve seen it, CG, surely you can understand why I’m besotted? 🙂

They’re 28s. Will try and dig up a pic for you.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Here you go!

(Not my gate. Used to belong to another of this parish)

cinnamon_girl

The Style Police have been alerted Cap’n!

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Diplomatic immunity!

cinnamon_girl

Imber Church opened yesterday and many roadies and mountain bikers took the opportunity to cycle along the Range roads and enjoy refreshments.

Highlight of the day, for me anyway, was the arrival in the Church of two Pyrenean Mountain Dogs. They were both gorgeous and h u g e. 😀

TheBrick
    Free Member

Not quite hampshire but just did a really good Purbecks loop. Two bloody pinch punctures about 4 hours including punctures. One bit I need to work out how to build it into the route to reverse as it was a really good single track decent that I did as a acent. One small section of cheeky foot path to link a dead end bridleway.

Tested my GPS for the first time so have a track log if anyone wants it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

All together now…

“The hills are alive with the sound of……….. Gear clicks”

😆

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

CG, chap round my way has five Pyreneans. One of which has been a multiple best of breed winner at Crufts.

He also has two Bernese.

That’s a LOT of dog!

cinnamon_girl

Cap’n – wow! That sounds like a serious amount of grooming and feeding and how on earth are they walked? Separately or what? Full time job for sure. 😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1,281 through 1,320 (of 1,818 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.