Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,819 total)
  • Hampshire Riding
  • singletrackmind

CYB Fri . CYB sat . Dyfi Sun . Climachx Mon.
    If I can dodge the beer monsters.

cinnamon_girl

Happy cycling all. 😀 I’m diy’ing again otherwise this place will never get sold.

daftvader
    Free Member

didn’t manage to get out on Tuesday unfortunately, had an emergency 5 bikes to service. so fingers crossed if my mr arthrogram goes ok today I will be out on sunday morning. pics to follow

jambalaya
    Free Member

Solent Way: I’m Hamble based biking wise.

@john I’m away this weekend so no riding for me sadly. Thinking about entering the day/night enduro as there are some places left. I’ll be totally hopeless but at least it puts some money into QECP.

johnj2000
    Free Member

@jambalaya, i was considering that race as well unfortunately it falls on the boys birthday weekend once more so I won’t get to either the race or the bike fest.

Sorry to all you workers out there, just donning the gear and heading off to QECP to have a play 🙂 😀

johnj2000
    Free Member

Wow! My legs are shot to bits. 3hrs messing around in some woods out the back of QECP and then a section of the red trail. Good fun but I really so wish I could get some fitness back lol

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did you take the route that follows the SDW and then through the gate into the Woods out back? Think the QECP crew used that for one of thier events a while ago?
    Only ask as theres a great run from the top of it (looks like a start gate) right down to the end furthest East of the woods..

Unless it’s “secret” 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

@bikebouy Secret no longer. Add that to the “to ride” list.

Muke
    Free Member

@ johnj2000 how are the conditions over @ QECP after the latest downpour ?

johnj2000
    Free Member

I didnt ride the first half of the red route as it is the first bit to get boggy. The half I rode was a bit wet in places but not to horrendous, will be dry if we get a cpl of days without rain. The section I rode of the new shipwrite or shipmans way was boggy. The new section I found was full of various trails but it did seem to be separated from QECP. Not sure if I was supposed to be in there but there was a fair bit of man made stuff going on so I’m certainly not the only rider to wander in there. I did almost die at one stage as I followed a trail which connected to a rather adventurous downhill bit, I fell off on purpose before I got out of control!

jambalaya
    Free Member

I fell off on purpose before I got out of control!

Tactical Dismount

johnj2000
    Free Member

Tactical Dismount

That sounds much more proffesional.

Has anyone on here fitted a press fit bb92 token before? I can’t find any instructions on tinter web and the link on the On One site doesn’t work.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

😀 @ “tactical dismount”! Among my regular ride lot, we have a similar thing, but when done at suitably slow speed, the rider shall announce, politely, “I shall get off now”.

Anyway, might put some Mountain King 2.2″ tyres on today, still got the silly 2.4″ RQs from a recent Afan trip on the bike, then hoping for good weather for a local blast tomorrow.

johnj2000
    Free Member

So it looks like i have a working bike but have parts left over from the BB as supplied. I might die.

johnj2000
    Free Member

I didn’t die.

daftvader
    Free Member

I’m not allowed to ride till Monday. 🙁 and the weather was fantastic after work today. bugger. 😥

bartimaeus
    Free Member

If you are looking for new trails, you should take a look at the Strava Global Heatmap which is a combination of all the rides logged on Strava. There are lots of road rides on here, but also plenty of off-road too (which is easier to see if you have the Veloviewer OS map overlay and use the ‘grey’ Heatmap option)… QECP is clearly visible, and if you head North you can see Surrey Hills and Swinley.

frogstomp

For any roadies in here, it’s the Clatford Cycle Challenge today in aid of Naomi House childrens’ hospice.

dobo
    Free Member

Thanks frogstomp, cycled through clatford yesterday and been meaning to find some better routes round here.

Anyone got any road or off road routes they like starting from stockbridge, 1-3hrs in duration? I know the area ok but easier to upload routes from the web 😉

bikebouy
    Free Member

A 4hr hack on the CX, still a bit muddy out there eh!?!?

frogstomp

Good ride today for Naomi House – perfect weather!

This is a nice route that goes through Stockbridge and out to Farley Mount. Haven’t done it recently though so don’t know what the conditions will be like.

johnj2000
    Free Member

Yesterday I rode from Catisfield to Wickham via the bridleway and road then onto the old railway line. A few miles down the railway line i cut off into Bere Forests and found numerous trails, nothing mega exciting but good enough to enjoy on a cross country bike.

Today was rugby day and as it was end of season the parents had to play as well. Fortunately the parents match was touch rugby so no injuries but quite good fun. Bike time tomorrow, probably QECP again.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Another 4 hrs on the roadie in the Downs, bloody busy, must have seen ohhhh about 70 riders bouncing here, there and everywhere 😆
    Only downside to the ride is the racetrack the motorbikes use, whatsit called again?? Oh yes the A32. 🙄

Did a good 60 miles on the SS to devils dyke today seemed to a constant head wind all the way there nice reward of a pint of cider and then the train home 🙂

bartimaeus
    Free Member

The SDW on a singlespeed? How on earth did you get up Amberley Mount? I struggle to get up in my granny gear!

@bartimaeus I have to confess that one I did walk up and Truleigh Hill

frogstomp

Trail Break evening ride from Newbury tomorrow.. if I can get my brakes fixed I’ll be there on my Spearfish.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Frogstomp, that looks good! Can’t make it at this short notice, but will be keeping an eye out for more of the same! Oh, and TrailBreak are fine, fine folks!

Are BikeLux any good then? Am in Newbury from time to time, and always good to have options. (Preferred LBS is also outside of Hampshire, I’m afraid, folks…!)

bigshep
    Free Member

Anyone from Hants signing up for the BHF SDW in a day jobbie, been thinking about it but got no one to ride with 🙁

bikebouy
    Free Member

Nope sorry, normally do the SDW with me mates or on my own 😀

However, sure there’ll be folks from here that lurk who’ll do it, BOL.

brassneck

Anyone from Hants signing up for the BHF SDW in a day jobbie, been thinking about it but got no one to ride with

One of my riding buddies is doing it, I’ve ducked out on account of the timing and having more/younger children interfering with riding.. I’m realistic, not chicken honest 🙂

I’m doing the training with him though, and probably an event or two leading up as tests. TVT Hot 85Km is pencilled in, though it’ll probably mean riding past my house, twice. The pull of the sofa is strong second time…

daftvader
    Free Member

Evening…
    finally managed to do my quick blast around Alton on one of the Hants council routes.. surprisingly hilly in a very compact 8 miles, but a lot of fun and some really fast singletrack on a couple of sections. was still very very muddy in places though. definitely one I will try and make longer and definitely not one for winter I would say.

cheers

[/url]IMG_0884 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img] (still cant figure out why some of my pics go sideways)

[/url]IMG_0897 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img] Bentworth garlic!

[/url]IMG_0887 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

[/url]IMG_0886 by daftvader77, on Flickr[/img]

slackalice
    Free Member

Looks like the Bentworth end of Chawton Park there DV? The bluebells have been fabulous there too. 🙂

Would be more than happy to show you around there, I’ve ridden Bushley Leaze/Chawton for over 20years now! Winter too 🙂

daftvader
    Free Member

thats the badger Slackalice, start at the FC car park at fourmarks and (having just checked) 10 mile loop round. it was brilliant, the blue bells went on for miles, and you could smell the garlic for miles!! that would be great if you could as I reckon there are some hidden gems round there and its only 20 minutes down the road. as for winter, the term slog springs to mind 😀

slackalice
    Free Member

The garlic had promise when I was there a couple of weeks ago! 10 miles sounds about right and with some add-ons that take us into Alton and then over to Thedden, 16 – 18 miles can be had too.

There were many cheeky little trails, most have now been chewed up with Forestry harvesting, clear felling etc, although some new one’s are starting to take shape once again 😀

Apart from the forecasted weather, how might you be available this weekend? If it’s really wet, as it was when I was there last, the ground was mainly surface water, so not too bad.

daftvader
    Free Member

unfortunately I am off to Derbyshire (sans bike) but the following weekend, Saturday after 3ish or any time on sunday, may be a go once cleared with the boss. what about weekdays? I am also trying to do a weekly Tuesday evening ride if that’s any good, but that I try and do only 10ish miles as I am up early for work.
    Edit… just been told i’m not allowed out to play on Saturday 17th, so how about sunday the 18th?

drover
    Free Member

Anyone from Hants signing up for the BHF SDW in a day jobbie, been thinking about it but got no one to ride with

Yes we are planning to embark on that adventure…

slackalice
    Free Member

The weekend after next I believe I’ll be marshalling at the QECP day/night enduro thing on the Saturday, so Sunday is a good possibility for me, Ive pencilled it in 😀

Weekdays tricky for me at the mo, as I have thankfully lots of work on for the next month or so. Tuesday eve’s are possible, although wouldn’t be there much before 6, as I’d be driving up from the coast.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Not sure how much riding I’m going to be getting for the next few weeks. Little CFH2 is due to make an appearance shortly! However, can I just say that it’s wonderful that a thread about riding in Hampshire has grown to be so good!

daftvader
    Free Member

SA I tend to get where I am going on a Tuesday around 7-7:30 ish as I have to wait for mrsvader to get in. but sunday sounds like a plan… pm me or keep it here?
    congrats CFH 8)

Viewing 40 posts - 401 through 440 (of 1,819 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.