Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hampshire police, brilliant! and thanks
  • 29erKeith
    Free Member

On Friday riding home some idiot decided to overtake at speed on a blind corner as a car came round the corner from the other direction which had to brake hard as the overtaking car pulled left sharply very nearly taking me out then just drive off like nothing had happened.

As you might expect I was fuming, I got his reg and wrote an email to my local officer, I got a response within a day saying I’d get a call when the relevant officer was in.

I had the call this morning and the driver will be getting a knock on his door and a “stern talking to” from the police.

fingers crossed the driver might think next time

pretty pleased with their response and the outcome.
    Just though I’d post to let people know that it is worth the bother and the police do take things like this seriously, at least some of the time as I know some have had less successfully outcomes.

wwaswas

🙁 for original incident and 🙂 for outcome

DezB
    Free Member

Hmmmm…. thinks about SLK driver…

lucien

My experience of the local plod in Hants is that’s about all they are prepared to do, good job it wasn’t more serious

GrahamS

Good result.

a “stern talking to” from the police.

Wish this would happen more often. Sounds like good preventative policing.
    Sadly I suspect most forces don’t have the manpower left to justify that approach.

tonyd

Where are you in Hampshire OP? I’m starting to think about using a headcam during my commute (N Hants <-> Berks), for the most part I’m lucky that the majority of drivers are considerate but there is always one that takes a silly risk.

My initial thinking was what if the worst happened and I was found in a ditch, at least there might be some record, however if plod will have a word it might be worth having registration numbers on record (my memory is bad!)

29erKeith
    Free Member

My commute’s from the edge of the New Forest to Southampton.

I contacted my local area officer (very rural) as I couldn’t find any other relevant contact details and the incident was very close to home on one of the quite forest roads which is normally the safest/quietest part of my commute. Mind you an idiot in a car can make the safest bit of road unsafe for the sake of adding a few seconds on to their journey 🙄

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hampshire police, brilliant! and thanks’ is closed to new replies.