• This topic has 17 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by cb.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hammersmith Apollo – Ever been to an all-standing gig?
  • nedrapier

Just bought “Stalls Standing” tickets.

Do they ever take the seats out downstairs? Or am I going to in stood in the little sliver at the back?

cb

ACDC was standing only a few years back

nedrapier

Cool. Sounds promising. I think I looked shortly after they were announced, and that’s all that was listed downstairs. Don’t know whether it’s more likely to be all standing downstairs or sold out for the seating.

I’ve found the contact email now, so we shall see what they say.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

I’ve never understood seats at a concert? Never sat,never will.

kimbers

all standing downstairs and seating upstairs for gigs at hammersmith

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Been to seated and standing there a couple of weeks apart.

Seated – they put seats in downstairs and the gig is utterly spoiled.
    Standing – they take the seats out (must be a right ballache) and there are a few big steel barriers put in further back that you can lean on if you are weak / not a proper gig goer!

Standing is, obviously, the only way to go

Upstairs is seating only and to be avoided at all costs

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Oh, and it’s correct name is the ‘Hammersmith Odeon’, not this ‘Apollo’ nonsense!

bob_summers

That AC/DC gig was only a tenner a ticket as well IIRC…

MrsToast
    Free Member

I’ve never understood seats at a concert? Never sat,never will.

Try being 5ft 2. -_-

ourmaninthenorth

Try being 5ft 2. -_-

Mrs North is 4’10”. At gigs/concerts, we make a lot of effort to find her somewhere to stand where she can see. Then some tall t–t comes and stands in front….

nedrapier

Amon Tobin is a stalls standing show – therefore it is general admission standing downstairs.

😀

donks
    Free Member

I personally hate gigs with seats…we went to see Jools Holland and it was all seating, bloody terrible. Maybe its the old mettaler in me.

MrsToast
    Free Member

Mrs North is 4’10”. At gigs/concerts, we make a lot of effort to find her somewhere to stand where she can see. Then some tall t–t comes and stands in front…

Mr Toast is 6ft 6, so he sometimes gives me a commentary on what’s going on. Occasionally I’ll be able to see a member of the band for a second or two.

I used to go right up the front, but my knees are knackered now and I get sick of being booted in the face by crowdsurfers…

sambob
    Free Member

Sit on the shoulders of Mr Toast?

ourmaninthenorth

we went to see Jools Holland and it was all seating, bloody terrible.

I suspect it was less to do with the seating….

atlaz
    Free Member

It’s fine. The only thing to be aware of is the barriers they shove sort of half way down. They’re great to lean against but do it from the stage side, not the entrance side or you spend the entire gig having your ribs shattered as idiots think you’re standing still for fun

bristolbiker
    Free Member

That AC/DC gig was only a tenner a ticket as well IIRC..

Yep – ended up in the front row upstairs (so seated). Looked like mayhem downstairs and it was f’ing loud, even by their standards, in such a small venue….

cb

[quoteYep – ended up in the front row upstairs (so seated). Looked like mayhem downstairs and it was f’ing loud, even by their standards, in such a small venue….[/quote]

It was mayhem, but damn good! Considering Mr Johnson had his lung drained earlier that day – he did all right for an old fella…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hammersmith Apollo – Ever been to an all-standing gig?’ is closed to new replies.