Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hammerschmidt Servicing without special tool
  • Chainline
    Free Member

Has anyone serviced a Hammerschmidt without the special tool or used an alternative. Making louder than usual noises in overdrive and I’d like to take it apart but £140 for a tool seems a bit stiff and its such a simple job £60 at lbs seems a bit steep.

Any tips greatfully received..

wwaswas

its such a simple job £60 at lbs seems a bit steep

I suspect they’ll not be servicing many of those so need to get the tool paid for by those that they do?

Will you be servicing it more than 2.5 times?

Trimix
    Free Member

Ive got a tool you can borrow for a small fee if you like. I paid quite a bit for it, but serviced my Hammerschmidt regularly.

You wont be able to do it without some sort of tool.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Chainline
    Free Member

Trimix, I’d happily pay a small rental fee. Did you find much wrong/needed servicing or did it just need a good clean and grease?

Heard the small cogs can wear?

Chainline
    Free Member

I should have asked whare are you based, roughly. I’m in the Leicester/Coventry/Birmingham triangle..

Trimix
    Free Member

Oxford / Banbury, not that far away if you want to pop down and borrow it.

Chainline
    Free Member

That sounds reet. I’ve good reason to nip down to Oxford/Banbury every now and then, either that or my mate can nip in. I’ll email you to sort it out 🙂 Cheers loads.

mattjevans
    Free Member

could try this, good general purpose tool for things that rattle and clunk, and its cheap

http://goo.gl/SsE1w

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hammerschmidt Servicing without special tool’ is closed to new replies.