Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hammerschmidt owners/users – a couple of questions for you! :-)
  • psychle
    Free Member

1) Does your unit sound suspiciously like a boat winch when you back-pedal??

2) Also, when your pedalling forwards, is there a slight 'whirring' noise from the Hammer unit?

Just wondering if these sounds are normal or not…

And here's a pic of my Frankenbike… just for the heck of it 😉

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Tyre logo/valve alignment FAIL.

psychle
    Free Member

hey, I got one right… 😆 and the bike is magically standing on it's own, that's gotta be worth a point or two? 😉 also, look at my garden, it's fricken lovely, yes? 8)

Anyway… what about my questions eh? ya'll get any answers for me? 🙂

highclimber
    Free Member

Tyre logo/valve alignment FAIL.

LOL

batman11
    Free Member

Hahaha tyre valve alignment gotta love that!! But to answer your questions yes they do whire away in both directions. Great piece of kit gotta say be very cool when it can come down in weight even by 30% just to help abit,shame i had to sell mine on when i changed frames earlyer this year.
    Bat.

psychle
    Free Member

when I backpedal it doesn't just whirr, it makes a load 'ratchet' like noise, sounds to me just like a boat winch in fact… is this normal?

cheers 🙂

psychle
    Free Member

morning bump…

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Wow, I know it's akin to slagging off someone's mrs, but…. that is Fugly!

psychle
    Free Member

yep, it has a certain look to it… it's actually pretty good in the flesh, I think anyway 🙂 Also has a set of Pikes that it wears as well, shall post a pic of this setup at some point for the usual derision…

Do any Hammershchmidt owners/users want to answer the questions btw? Or a bike mechanic perhaps?

when I backpedal it doesn't just whirr, it makes a load 'ratchet' like noise, sounds to me just like a boat winch in fact… is this normal?

cheers 🙂

packer
    Free Member

Don't know much about hammerschmidts but I actually think the bike looks pretty cool!

psychle
    Free Member

Afternoon cough… no-one can tell me if backpedalling should sound 'ratchetty'?

I actually think the bike looks pretty cool!

Thanks Packer, you're a person of taste obviously 🙂 Here's another pic from a different angle, just for the hell of it (again 😉 )

FuzzyWuzzy

The back pedal noise is actually the bike sobbing "WTF, WTF, WTF, WTF" as it saw it's own reflection

5lab

didn't you say you'd taken that bike apart in your other thread? :S

psychle
    Free Member

put it back together yesterday, STW Towers asked for some pics of it… might be making an appearance in the mag, perhaps 8) Changed the tyres and front wheel for something more practical though, and you know what, I actually started to enjoy the ride, a lot… so much so that I think I'll keep it together for a bit longer and see how we go 🙂

C'mon, be honest (and look past the random uniqueness of the build), it looks good, nice and tough! I think so anyway 8)

nicko74

*THAT* might be making an appearance in the mag? Oh dear lord…. 😉

Out of interest, are you just running a 2×1, or is that a Rohloff at the back?

psychle
    Free Member

*THAT* might be making an appearance in the mag? Oh dear lord….

They mentioned they're doing something around the idea of 'Frankenbikes' and thought mine was a good example, happy to oblige with a pic. No idea if it'll see print, I hope it will 8)

Out of interest, are you just running a 2×1, or is that a Rohloff at the back?

It's an alfine on the back, the combination works quite well in use, though a few 'redundant' gears. Time will tell if it's a long-term prospect or not!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hammerschmidt owners/users – a couple of questions for you! :-)’ is closed to new replies.