Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hammax child seat fitting ?
  • simonm
    Free Member

Where abouts are you supposed to fit hammax child seat mount to ? Seatpost ? ot seatpost tube ?

I’ve fitted to seatpost tube below cross tube height and when things get bouncy the chair hits the rear wheel (its a 29er) But, up on the seatpost, it just looks really high – does that matter ?

binners

I wouldn’t put it on the seatpost. Seat tube should be fine. Get it as far up as you can without it interfering with the front mech cables

Stoner
    Free Member

Id say you’ll be ok on the seatpost (although they are supposed to go on set tube) as long as a) you’re not 100Kg+ already, b) you have plenty of seat post in the frame and c) jr isnt 15Kg+ and d) if you fit to seat post you do it right above te clamp

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Hamax do adaptors so that it wont hit your rear wheel.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Fitted mine on the seat-tube

DSC_0186 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

Straddles the pannier rack fine, even manage to fit panniers underneath it.

sounds to me that your frame is too small or your wheels are too big….

Just replaced it with a LECO

Image0093 by ir_bandito, on Flickr

now he’s big enough to balance properly

ikimbunza
    Free Member

Hamax do alternative ‘arms’ for bikes which are very small or which have heavily sloping top tubes. My LBS ordered one for me from the distributors. I think the Hamax website has information on these as well.

You still attach the bracket to your seat tube as per the instructions, but the alternative arm has a different bend profile so the seat clears the rear wheel. Even works on my Singular Gryphon!

resisted
    Free Member

Hamax refer to it as a “step-up” bracket. Any shop with a Fisher’s account will be able to get you one. Don’t whatever you do, ride it attached to your seatpost with your kid in.

flashbashly
    Free Member

I’ve had one fixed to both seat tube and seat post. Not a problem with either although the centre of gravity does change a bit! Not needed to use any alternative bracket either although I did have a spare seat post so could swap it out much easier.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I had mine on the seatpost – Thomson in a 456SS. No worries at all. Better on the frame though.

mudpup
    Free Member

Never ever fit them to the seat post – too much stress in places that arent designed to take it. Just get the correct bar to lift it away from the wheel.
    And those Leco top tube ones are an accident waiting to happen – they dont pass any of the UK safety standards. My company stopped distributing them a few years ago before we got potentially whacked by a lawsuit.

simonm
    Free Member

thanks all.. O well, when the seat buzzz on the tyre she just shouts that she likes bumps ! Maybe they didn’t have Scandal 29ers in mind when designing them. I have bought a different mount as the standard one wouldn’t fit under the seat when on the set tube post.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Sorry to take over your post, but I have one of these seats doing nowt in my shed. It is adjustable, it fitted to my P7 a treat, and it’s anyone’s for £40 ( not Inc postage) in fact would rather someone pick it up. I am in worcestershire. Seat and seat tube fitting thing for £40 must be a bargain for someone.

EmAil me if your interested

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hammax child seat fitting ?’ is closed to new replies.