Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hamburg- anyone know the good drinking spots?
  • tcomc1000
    Free Member

I’m best man for my brother and taking him to Hamburg for his stag do in December. Does anyone in the collective know of any choice drinking establishments in order to send him off in good style? Stylish places with a view/good beer/proper German style beers?
    Cheers in advance

MSP

Nobody goes to Hamburg for a stag do for “Stylish places with a view/good beer/proper German style beers” it’s all about the Reeperbahn, so stop pretending otherwise.

pt0608
    Free Member

I highly recommend this place: http://www.groeninger-hamburg.de/

Get the keg of beer with the Brewers Feast. We went there for a stag do and had an awesome time.

Otherwise you can’t go far wrong in St Pauli.

I should add, don’t go anywhere near a place called Eros. There be dragons.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Ideal! We are there for two days, probably take in a football game as well as hamburg are playing at home . But the main reason is for drinking quality beers in a pleasant town…oh and gluvine and sausage in the Christmas markets too

pt0608
    Free Member

You might want to book a table if there’s a lot of you.

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Reeperbahn is awesome as is whole of St. Pauli area. If the Dom is in town you can kill an hour or 2 there as well. Be careful at the footy though as FC Hamburg have some shall we say rather extreme fans. Would have been better if St. Pauli were at home.

tcomc1000
    Free Member

Dare I ask about euros?
    What’s the Dom?
    If week go to the footsie would it be an idea to all have hamburg scarves on?
    Cheers for the tip about booking 🙂

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

The Dom is a large travelling funfair but as it’s german has huge beer kellers on it. Another good one is the fish market which has a huge beer keller which is open all night until the trawlers come into port. You will be fine at the footy just keep your eyes open.

jekkyl

I went to hamburg on a stag do 2 years ago, awful place, dirty and very seedy. Cancel it and go somewhere else would be my recommendation. There is however a ‘british’ pub on the little square, you’ll find it don’t worry. It shows UK footy, very funny coz when I went with a load of wednesday fans the only match on was a blades one and they all sat watching it, they they starting singing ‘I’d rather be a (person from pakistan) than a blade,’ nice group.

pt0608
    Free Member

We took in a HSV match while we were there and it was fine. We were sat up in the gods. Think the ultras go behind the goals. All good though.

Hamburg is an awesome place. The Reeperbahn is obviously really very sleezy, but rather amusing for a quick visit on the way to St Pauli.

thepublican
    Free Member

+1 jekkyl

Stag do in Hamburg last year-reeperbahn is awful, tacky, full of tourists, the beer is a ripoff and the strip clubs are full of horrid ugly strippers who want a 150 euro for a 10 minute dance.

I went 5 years ago, not on a stag do, and found the student area great though, and the city is nice if a little bleak and cold.

One final point, if it’s strippers and sleaze you actually want then avoid Hamburg and go to far cheaper, less developed countries (the usual suspects) but if you really do want a classy night out there are lots better cities in Germany.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Berlin? Munich?

jekkyl

Amsterdam ! Prague !
    I know Amsterdam’s a cliche and everyone’s been there but it is really nice and can provide all the stag do needs. I had my stag do in Prague, had a great time. We did a days shooting experience + you have access to all the strip bars and underground bars. Also went to a Jazz bar for the last evening, there was a jazz quintet on, utterly awesome.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hamburg- anyone know the good drinking spots?’ is closed to new replies.