Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Halo Vapour Carbon wheels…
  • gee
    Free Member

Hi

So these have been on the cards for 18 months or so… They’ve been tested thoroughly at big events like Megavalanche so are plenty strong enough! The build is Halo 6 drive hubs and weighs 1790g. Hope Pro2 Evo on Crests are 1730g the pair so pretty comparable, but a whole heap stronger and stiffer. Went up tubeless easily enough too. Not actually ridden these ones yet but previous versions have been hugely stiff. They’re nice and wide too. The graphics are very subtle – dark grey on UD carbon. They are lacquered over so look really high quality.

Coming to a bike shop near you in Spring in 26/27.5/29, not sure on pricing yet but will be competitive.

Bike weighs 24.5lbs on the digital scales. Was 23.8lbs with silly light Thunder Burts and Hopes/Crests

Dwarfed by the Beargrease in the background…

GB

akira

Beargrease far too distracting, not easy to get your hands on but I think I can guess you might work for ID with two Salsa and Halo stuff.
    Is the Beargrease as good as it looks?

Clink

Look interesting. 2 questions:

What is ‘competitive’ pricing? ie ballpark?
    Internal/external rim width?

imp999
    Free Member

Hello from the For sale section.
    Your wifes bike.
    Can you reply, please?
    Cheers.

gee
    Free Member

Hi

Sorry – forgot I’d advertised that.

I don’t work for Ison – they sponsor me.

The rims are about 27mm internal and 30mm external I think.

I have no idea on precise pricing but will be somewhere above “direct from China” and well, well below Enve.

The Beargrease is incredible. You have to readjust how you ride and just ride at things and trust the tyres. I posted up some more pics and comments on that bike here.

GB

tomhoward

I don’t work for Ison – they sponsor me

So you work for them then.

gee
    Free Member

No…. I teach Geography and am Head of 6th Form. And I race their bikes.

GB

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Nice wheels

tomhoward

Wow.

njee20
    Free Member

Sort your lawn out GB 😉

ska-49
    Free Member

Nice bit of advertising..

gee
    Free Member

I was actually just really excited to receive some really cool wheels. Shame I can’t actually use them at the moment as my local trails are quite flooded…

People on here know I ride for Salsa so it’s hardly advertising.

GB

akira

Ah, hopefully my post wasn’t misconstrued. Just connecting the dots today after watching Columbo earlier, Little Richard guest starring!
    Got a Fatty but would love a Beargrease, not sure the wife would allow it even at trade.

Northwind

Mmm nice. And look like proper hubs, not a random straight-pull-weird-length-£5 a spoke and you can’t buy them anywhere nightmare, gets my vote.

tazzymtb

They look ace gee, oh and I am going to have to blag a go on the beargrease at the howies battle on the beach 😀

messiah
    Free Member

Those hubs are interesting. I’d love to see if the almost instant pick up feels good compared to more normal hubs… but the lack of long term reviews and long term owner comments that I can find, and my history of breaking stuff puts me off.

carbonfiend
    Free Member

I was in my LBS this week & they were raving about the carbon Halo wheels they had just seen, think the rep brought them in.

benji
    Free Member

At 1790 they are going to be a fair bit heavier than a crossmax st, how competitve are they going to be on price to those?

gee
    Free Member

No idea on price at all.

The hubs are not instant pick up – they are the 6 drive ones which are much more like Hope in terms of pickup.

Yes it is nice that they just take normal spare spokes and nipples.

GB

benji
    Free Member

Good point about the spokes and nipples. Only ever snapped one spoke, by missing my pedal and then stamping into my front wheel 😳

mattid
    Free Member

Hi All,
    These are the prices:
    Rims rrp£374.99 each.
    Wheels:
    Front with Halo SD6F hub rrp£419.99
    Rear with Halo SD6D 6-Drive hub rrp£479.99
    Rear with Halo Supa Drive hub rrp£489.99

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Halo Vapour Carbon wheels…’ is closed to new replies.