Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Halo Tundra fatbike wheel question
  • higgi
    Free Member

does anyone know if the new Halo Tundra fatbike wheels will fit my Fatty frame and carbon fork ?

thanks

JoeG
    Free Member

I think that it will, but with a couple of caveats*.

* You need the 135 front, 170 rear both set up for quick release skewers.

But there are 2 different 135 mm front hub/fork standards. The Fatty uses a front specific spacing for the front hub & disc rotor. The other standard uses the same spacing as a regular 135 mm rear mtb hub. I couldn’t see which the Halo was.

* You may get chain rub if you are 2×10 due to the wider rim.

My Fatty (Raceface/Shimano 2×10, On-One wheels) has less than 1/4 inch clearance between the tire (Floater) and chain when on the innermost gear combo. The Halo rim is 10 mm wider, so would move the tire out 5 mm or so. And if you are using a different tire…

EDIT – The On-One website says that their wheels/forks use the 135 mm rear disc spacing on the front. But I’ve tried putting a regular 135 mm rear wheel on my Fatty (to fit it in a bike rack) and the rotor fouled the disc caliper. Thus I thought it was the fron specific spacing. I am confused… 😥

dab

Great post , I’ve got the fatty & carbon fork too & was looking at the tundras
    I’ve gone 1×10 but haven’t bought rims yet

May just get Marge lights

gee
    Free Member

The front is front disc spacing.

The front and rear hubs come with adaptors in the box to run 135/142 bolt through, 170/177 bolt through or 190/197 bolt through. Not sure about QR versions, you’d need to call them.

The hubs are excellent, just wider versions of the usual 6 drive.

GB

theashnav
    Free Member

I have the Tundra rims built onto Hopes and some GFS 80mm rims both fit on my Fatty running 2*10 with no chain rub if that helps – the picture has the GFS rims fitted

higgi
    Free Member

thanks for replys guys….food for thought..

officerfriendly
    Free Member

Love the look of the Tundras and they’re very reasonably priced! Let us know how they are (:

theashnav
    Free Member

love mine got rims fitted to Hopes for my summer ride

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Halo Tundra fatbike wheel question’ is closed to new replies.