Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Halo 4XR wheel set
  • rhid

I have a set of the HAlo 4XR wheels which came on a DH build. I am really not very familiar with them as have only ever have shimano or hopes.

The front is running a 20mm axle and unlike the hope wheels I have ever used the 20mm spacers or adapters do not fix into the wheel! For example, the 15mm and 20mm adapters for my hope wheels either fit directly into the bearings of fix onto the hub! Is this normal?

Te rear suffers a similar thing. IT is converted to run a 14mm nutted axel (for super stiffness on a DH bike). If this axel is removed the free hub will readily come out of the hub. Again is this normal?

They seem like decent wheels and Halo have been going for years but I have no experience with them of the points described above!

Any ideas? They need a few bearings replaced so need to drop them into the shop but want to sound a bit clued up first!

zero-cool
    Free Member

Send Ison an email, they’re usually pretty helpful

davefarmer
    Free Member

Yep, the hub end caps fall in the floor on those wheels, it’s the way they are meant to be!

gee
    Free Member

Yep, those issues are sorted for the new hubs which have o-ringed end caps like hope on the front and a bolt-together rear axle.

GB

hopeychondriact
    Free Member

What Dave said above is true, Halo 29er wheels had that when removing front wheel via maxle.

it was a bummer for sure. but ok, just a pita tbh.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Halo 4XR wheel set’ is closed to new replies.