Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Halloween treats
  • j5kol
    Free Member

As we get closer to a night of little taps on your door every 2mins, i ask myself, what is an acceptable treat to give the little ones. I personally think a few quid per child so that they can treat themselves in Toys R Us, after all sweets etc. is only going to add to the nations obeseness

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I personally think a few quid per child

Seriously? Are you that rich?

We get maybe 30-40 kids come to our house, and that’s about 2 days wages for me.

going to add to the nations obeseness

A few sweets once a year isn’t going to make anyone obese, is it?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Give each one of them a gannet on a stick.

noteeth
    Free Member

The gift of words – read them each a poem, or perhaps perform a short play.

monkeychild
    Free Member

JefWachowchow
    Free Member

I’m going to spend a good hour winding our cats up and then throw them at anyone who knocks on the door.

derek_starship
    Free Member

A shot of bourbon would be a nice treat.

Where I live, sweets wouldn’t be treat as they practically consume them by IV infusion. Fat little sods.

allthegear
    Free Member

I’m thinking a couple of bottles of Vodka Sourz and some of those disposable shot glasses. Oh how much the parents will love that… 🙂

Rachel

Marin
    Free Member

I’ve been marinading the jelly babies in liquid Ex-lax all week for the little darlings.

billytinkle
    Free Member

Raw vegetables are perfectly acceptable treats. The look on their faces as you hand them a potato is priceless.

You don’t get so many knocking beggars the next year either.

Drac

Few quid? Nothing below £20 here.

yossarian
    Free Member

My kids have both been out ‘begging’ tonight and are sat on the sofa eating a massive pile of sweets and chocolate. Result! All I’ve had to buy for their tea tonight is 2 cans of fanta!

Drac

Orange I hope?

midlifecrashes

We give them iPads, it’s the modern way!

cheers_drive

Currently round friends who live in a family friendly area and in the last half hour we’ve had about a group a minute. I wouldn’t mind but I was hoping that there would be lots left over from 150 odd sweets for me. Would of been very expensive at £2 a pop.

thegreatape
    Free Member

I’ve made some bubblegum icing Halloween cupcakes out of a box/kit.

They are vile 🙁

emma82
    Free Member

I just gave one kid £2 and he genuinely looked confused that it wasn’t sweets and his minder just glared at me. I’m not answering the door again. I hate Halloween.

Mantastic
    Free Member

Just handed some old spring onions to a group of kids whom have made no effort. At least when they chuck them back at the house the damage will be minimal.

The look on their faces can only be described as confused.

kazafaza
    Free Member

Keep the doors locked this year, save the £ and next year give a nice treat to your bike, example:

Oh, did I mention that kids under the age of 13 are not allowed?

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Lemon posset followed by a machiato for our visitors…

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Walked up the pub last night-strange how many houses were in complete darkness–

jekkyl

We bought some treats but didn’t get one vistor. Then I ate 5 referesher lollies and got wired, next year I’ll buy some chocolates instead.

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oooooh Shadow now do copper? – that’d look awesome on the Hooker 😈

ninfan
    Free Member

I learned last night that the Jehovah’s witness family up the road don’t ‘do’ Halloween, they don’t approve of celebrating evil apparently 🙁

Ironic they don’t appreciate a festival which involves turning up on people’s doorstep uninvited.. 😀

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Halloween treats’ is closed to new replies.