Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Halloween at work
  • jekkyl

Anyone elses’s place of employment going all out for halloween?
    We’re being encouraged to dress up our pod and come in work on Friday for fancy dress and there’ll be a ‘prize’ for the best costume.
    I am a 40yr old male, halloween is for kids so really gtf out of here and leave me alone to me do my job. Really what is so very scary about an orange balloon with a pumpkin face on? bahhhhhhh

lemonysam
    Free Member

halloween is for kids

Could you remind me of that at 9 o’clock on sunday when I stagger out of bed with a stinking hangover with the remnants of last night’s fancy dress stuck to the side of my face?

PiknMix
    Free Member

It’s Halloween day at my work today for some strange reason, thankfully I have it off so don’t have to partake. It’s not really an event I celebrate.
    My nieces love it but my sister hates the idea of begging for treats so we all cook biscuits and cupcakes and give them to the people who answer the door after my nieces have knocked on them.

It’s all a bit strange but the kids love it.

maccruiskeen

Could you remind me of that at 9 o’clock on sunday when I stagger out of bed with a stinking hangover

How about we remind you at 6.30 instead 🙂

perchypanther
    Free Member

I am a 40yr old male, halloween is for kids so really gtf out of here and leave me alone to me do my job. who works in a pod….. HELP ME! PLEASE? THEY’RE MAKING ME DRESS UP IN SILLY CLOTHES! OH, THE HUMANITY……

FTFY mate! 😀
    I feel your pain. I really do.

lemonysam
    Free Member

How about we remind you at 6.30 instead

Don’t worry, my bladder will have that covered.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Jesus, I cannot wait for your Xmas post in a few weeks…

Bah hum bug they’ve put up a tree and tinsel?

They’ve even had a charity collection.

Why can’t they let me be a miserable sod?! LOL

You need more sex or a night ride through the woods O.P! Lol

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Tell them to shove their job, seriously any work place that has this shite happening needs to be closed down, its pathetic.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Maybe they’re trying to get you to embrace halloween by creating your own personal hell.

There’s nothing less fun than organised fun.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Halloween at work?

i believe Stuart Lee coined the correct response:

‘get in the ****ing sea, you cobwebbed ****!’

luke
    Free Member

My place of work will be very halloween orientated but then again I’m working at a Halloween event so it makes sense.

Harry_the_Spider

Go as a poltergeist.

Turn up before everyone else, sh1t in a couple of bins, go home.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Hmmm, a Phantom Crapper

we have one of those here, never found out who it is

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Can you go ‘themed’ as a Vampire.

Vampire’s cant go out in the daytime, therefore you don’t have to go to work 8)

grum
    Free Member

Let’s turn everything into a shit infantilised version of America, woo! 🙂

benji
    Free Member

No thank heavens, no need for it, work is for working at, unless you are retail and are capitalizing on the extra cash cow provided by the americans.

spacemonkey

I spent the morning last year wearing my werewolf suit, namely mask, paws/arms and feet. I supped tea and snaffled snacks whilst in costume too.

Halloween is cool.

TheSanityAssassin

Erm, what is a ‘pod’ that you work in?

Travis

Go as something, so that you can’t do your job so efficiently, due to oversize paws, mask etc.

Or acknowledge that Management actually want you to have fun at work… maybe….

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Go as an angry and offended Jesus?

perchypanther
    Free Member

Erm, what is a ‘pod’ that you work in?

OP is a killer whale…..or other dolphin.

jekkyl

lol, a pod is a collection of 6 desks together and we work in teams, with one manager. You know, like with those little halfway barriers between you and the person opposite so you can only see their shoulders and head.
    like this:

Except we’re fancy and got 2 screens each, wooooo, hehe. Thought this sort of arrangement was pretty much standard in all big offices these days?

grum
    Free Member

Urghh that picture gives me the shivers. No need to go to any effort to make it creepy for halloween.

Travis

you have a manager sitting so close to you….
    Why?

martinhutch

I love it when someone called Jekkyl is complaining about a horror-themed festival intruding on his day-to-day life. 😀

onehundredthidiot

Demand that everyone dresses appropriately for “all hallows” day. That’ll redress the balance.

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

a pod is a collection of 6 desks together and we work in teams, with one manager.

Like a clerical version of Seal Team Six

perchypanther
    Free Member

a pod is a collection of 6 desks together and we work in teams, with one manager.

The Podfather?

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Halloween at work’ is closed to new replies.