Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Halifax riders..looking for a circular route
  • darrenspink
    Free Member

Couple of years ago I visited Elland woods, watching this made me want to visit again but need a circular route. Anyone assist on a strava link or similar?

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8YQY-I6Tl8&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

grum
    Free Member

I’d be interested too. Imagine it would be pretty wet there at the moment though.

Simon

Elland Park Woods won’t be at their best at the moment but I’ll have a look back at my rides on Strava and see what I can come up with – it might be after the weekend though.

yourmywifenow
    Free Member

That route could all be done from the Red Rooster, Brighouse, it takes in North Dean Woods, Elland woods and finishes off dropping down from Southowram back to the Rooster

ElShalimo

Bottom of North Dean Woods is a bog fest currently
    It’d be great for Royal Marines training

Chew
    Free Member

You’ll need to give it a while for Elland Woods to dry out first as it’s a boggy clayfest at the moment.

When you fancy popping over give me a shout and i’ll show you around.

darrenspink
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Middle and bottom of Elland Woods is a tad damp at the moment. Plus bell ends have been through on MX bikes and completely fkd the trail through the middle of the woods. Didn’t ride the very top trail but thats usually pretty good and if you stay away from the high use routes, I reckon it shouldn’t be too bad.

North Dean isn’t too bad either. Went through there on the singlespeed last weekend and was fine, even right down by the river.

Other than that, if you want a circular route then how about:
    – start from Copley or somewhere in the valley
    – up Sh*t Spreader and up onto Norland
    – across Norland then down Fiddle Lane and up towards Cockpit Lane at the end of the valley
    – up Cockpit Lane and do a loop around the quarry before coming back down Cockpit Lane
    – back along the valley and slog up Fiddle Lane
    – down Norland
    – down through North Dean Woods all the way to Clay House
    – down the road past the garden centre and then canal to Elland Bridge
    – spin along the Brighouse road
    – up the BW to the east side of the woods up to the cricket club
    – down through the woods doing the top trail first
    – canal back to Copley

andybrad

lots of really good loops can end up going through elland woods. It depends on where you would like to start.

if you fancy learning a few pop out on a wednesday with the calderdale mtb lot.

As others have said it will be a bog at the bottom at the moment. As are most places. Judy woods was dry though the other day and much fun!

alibongo001

HI OP

I ride with a group of friends around this area on a Tuesday night, we meet at Copley

If you look me up on Strava and check out the Tuesday rides, you will see loads of options for some great rides.

(Real name alastair haigh athlete number 327272)

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Top of North Dean was very rideable last weekend:

darrenspink
    Free Member

Sorry only just seen new posts (as you do) thanks for all the info. Might look to extend the ride out to the west along the valley.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Halifax riders..looking for a circular route’ is closed to new replies.