Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Halfords "We Fit", oh the irony.
  • wwaswas

jamj1974

:mrgreen:

wrightyson
    Free Member

That’s a serious misjudgement!!! And a fair way in! Did the tt survive unscathed?

zilog6128

brilliant 🙂

alibongo001

Great photo and very amusing.

Most things “fit” if you try hard enough!

joshvegas
    Free Member

I wonder if there are any seatcovers in there that the white car driver can borrow.

joat

That enormous sinking feeling and scraping sound will live with him for a long time. That and receiving his P45.

Did the tt survive unscathed?

Ahh, bless.

dannybgoode

Whoops. The damage will T-cut out and they won’t be short of the stuff!

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Onzadogs missus needn’t have worried about national grid after all.

mattrgee
    Free Member

Clearly he wasn’t going fast enough. Power!

maccruiskeen

fits perfectly – see – the trailer is exactly the same length as the bridge

officerfriendly
    Free Member

JESUS CHRIST

timbur
    Free Member

Let the tyres down. It’ll drive out (ish)

muggomagic

Oh dear. We had an incident today where a colleague was filling up one of the engineering cars and forgot to take the nozzle out of the car before driving away, ripping the hose from the pump and damaging the car body. Car is potentially a write off and we can’t fill up any cars to move them around until the pump is fixed.

waihiboy
    Free Member

sh*t! thats not good!

forgot to take the nozzle out of the car before driving away, ripping the hose from the pump and damaging the car body.

im not perfect by a long shot but it amazing me how people can do this!?

muggomagic

im not perfect by a long shot but it amazing me how people can do this!?

Indeed, and in a car worth around £350K!
    Not a great way to start the week.

wwaswas

I bet everyone’s just thinking ‘thank goodness it wasn’t me!’ muggomagic 🙁

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

A car worth £350K is “potentially a write off” because someone drove off with the nozzle still in the car ?

So the costs of the repairs potentially exceed the value of the car ?

For £350K I would expect a more robust and solidly built car which doesn’t disintegrate so easily.

cynic-al
    Free Member

For £350K I would expect a more robust and solidly built car which doesn’t disintegrate so easily.

I have customers like you: “what do you mean its worn out? It was expensive!”

Not all expensive things are durable.

bigyinn
    Free Member

Depends what sort of “car” it is. At that sort of value I’d guess that robustness may not be the highest priority. (Im thinking supercars here)

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

Where’s that happen then?

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

I suspect this is karma in response to the non-existant service I got in Halfords this afternoon.

Why is the bridge height in feet? I cannot help thinking that didn’t help given lorries are measured in metres.

stever
    Free Member

Needs a bigger hammer is all.

robbo167
    Free Member

re muggomagic….my guess is its a Roller down at the plant in Goodwood,theres a pump “in plant” for roadtest use.As for repairs it was always a big no no…the last incident I saw there led to a reshell on a brand new car,oh and the other one which dissappeared to Germany to be used as a hack and a new build allocated to the buyer.

footflaps

They’ll just put that lorry back on the shelf in a new box….

andyl
    Free Member

is that a simple case of truck too tall or did something else happen?

Looks like it would fit if the wheels were flat on the ground. Of course that is maybe what the driver mistakenly thought but it looks like it’s only stuck because it’s up on the diagonal.

PS looks like the white Audi and little red thing are parked.

andyl
    Free Member

1st shot here is better: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2782561/We-fit-No-don-t-Halfords-lorry-gets-stuck-low-bridge.html

You can see how much the bridge has shaved off the top corner so maybe it was a simple of case of didn’t fit. But I’m not sure I buy the 17ft truck height v 15ft 3″ bridge as 1ft 9″ is quite a bit more overlap than we see there.

paladin

andyl – Member
    is that a simple case of truck too tall or did something else happen?

Either that or the bridge was too low…

andyl
    Free Member

Which does raise a valid point that it would be a tad annoying for this to happen and find the bridge height sign was wrong!

I was wondering if the driver had swerved but doesnt look like if from the cab position and the photo on daily fail.

Maybe it was the same driver: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-west-wales-12112316

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Air out of the tyres and let the air out of the suspension and that’ll shift it. There is likely much more to that story though.

dknwhy

“We go the extra mile” 😆

benji
    Free Member

forgot to take the nozzle out of the car before driving away, ripping the hose from the pump and damaging the car body.

It is amazing we get at least a couple of these each year on our forecourt, makes a change from the wrong fuelers.

milky1980
    Free Member

A Tesco lorry did a similar thing just outside Penarth a few years ago. The driver’s excuse was it had fitted through the previous week.

Turned out the road had been resurfaced and was now 6 inches higher, so the sign was wrong!!

That tarmac looks suspiciously new to me..

nealglover
    Free Member

Why is the bridge height in feet? I cannot help thinking that didn’t help given lorries are measured in metres.

Any professional driver that doesn’t know the height of their vehicle in Metric and Imperial shouldn’t be on the road.

konabunny
    Free Member

we can’t fill up any cars to move them around until the pump is fixed.

sounds like your pump is private but aren’t most petrol station pump hoses built with a breakaway for exactly this reason?

…forgot to take the nozzle out of the car before driving away

We’ve had this twice in one week with buses on our own pump.

Why is the bridge height in feet?

Legal requirement in the UK. In fact, it can be confusing arriving at a fuel station with the forecourt canopy marked only in metres as truck and bridge heights are one of the few things normally measured in imperial.

The Daily Fail reference to a 17′ trailer is almost certainly wrong as 16’6″ is the minimum height for an unmarked bridge.

It’s an unmarked truck, so probably an agency driver unfamiliar with the route and trailer. Ultimately, it’s the driver’s fault, but it would have been nice if someone in traffic who was familiar with that run had given some advice on route.

On a vaguely similar theme, I once got sent out on breakdown to a bridge strike.
    The truck and driver were gone by the time I got there, all I had to do was make the trailer safe and tow it back to our workshop for repair.
    It was a bit embarrassing driving down the road with a parallelogram trailer, knowing all the other truck drivers were probably thinking “Look at that idiot, he’s just hit a bridge”

Viewing 37 posts - 1 through 37 (of 37 total)

The topic ‘Halfords "We Fit", oh the irony.’ is closed to new replies.