Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Halfords turbo trainer…?
  • yorlin
    Free Member
    jamiep
    Free Member

I looked at this last week when it was cheaper with the additional 10% off offer. Didn’t bother – reviews suggested it was noisy, which I didn’t want. Afraid that’s all I know

rocco

I have one and it’s ok. It’s a bit loud and occasionally the bike can slip out of the ‘holder’ which can be entertaining, but for light to moderate use I reckon it’s ok. I may just have a slightly dodgy one with the slipping holder

yorlin
    Free Member

Ah great thanks guys – wasn’t expecting an amazing bit of kit at that price, good to know it seems to do the job.

Rocco – do you use a ‘riser’ thing to keep the front wheel up to the same level?

teethgrinder

I use a house brick with a large dimple as a riser. Or I did when I Could be arsed to use the TT.

yorlin
    Free Member

Well that would do the job! 8)

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have the Elite Magnetic Force pack, fairly quiet, seems sturdy enough. I can get out of the saddle and gurn without feeling like its going to release the bike anyway. Happy with mine & i paid £130 for the pack (its the one at the bottom of the page)

docstar
    Free Member

Got one from Santa the volare one, handle to tighten the qr in place is missing so he’ll have to have a word with one of his elves.

rocco

I never used a riser which was probably the reason why I got very sore wrists and stopped using it. I like the sound of the house brick though, great idea!

garlando

I got the set for 130. Unfortunately my clown bike wheel fouled the mechanism (not a product fault) so had to return and I ended up with a minoura b60. Both seemed very good.

kd48

I got the Halfords one in the link, with the extra 10% off, it works fine. No problem with handles missing, bike security or noise, but I only use it in the garage. Bargain for under 70 pounds.
    I shall now be spending many sweaty hours grunting away in the garage – ooh err missus.

yorlin
    Free Member

Thanks again guys – just ordered one, with a plastic brick substitute.

Oh and an Irn Bru bike bottle, they seem to have stopped doing the Marmite ones 🙁

Oh and I remembered I needed a slick, so turns out schwalbe City Jets are half price, which was nice.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Pick up mine tomorrow. Happy days!

Bigmantrials

I picked one up yesterday, my sister has had one for the last year and it has been good to her. If anybody is missing a handle I think I might have it, for some reason there was 2 in my box, if anybody wants it give me a shout.

Adam

lilchris
    Free Member

Not opened it up yet, but picked mine up yesterday after ordering on the 24th.
    BC discount made it pence under £60.
    I’ve never used one before, but figured I couldn’t go wrong!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

got one with the Xmas 10% off, too cheap not to at that price, we already have a Tacx so the 2 of us can sufferfest together in the garage (so romantic)!

marko75
    Free Member

I bought one too! Also bought the Angels sufferest – so it will be a interesting evening 🙂

Superficial
    Free Member

What is the Xmas 10% off? Has that finished?

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Halfords turbo trainer…?’ is closed to new replies.