Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Halfords rapped for ‘hi-spec’ bike advert
  • rockyb23
    Free Member

HALFORDS RAPPED FOR ’HIGH SPEC’ BIKE ADVERT

Halfords was today rapped by the advertising watchdog after describing an entry-level mountain bike as “high spec”.
    The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said a television advert showing a Trax Outrage bike on sale at half price for £99.99 was “misleading”.
    Halfords argued the bike had front and rear suspension, 18 speed Shimano gears, a hi-tensile steel frame and V-brakes.
    And the retailer said the interpretation of “high spec” was a matter of opinion.
    But the ASA upheld complaints the bicycle was merely a standard model.
    The watchdog said the adverts may have led some consumers to believe the model was higher quality than other similarly priced entry-level bikes and ruled the adverts must not be shown again.

robbo1234biking

Well from the description it does sound high spec – my commuter doesnt have any suspension 😕

😉

Mister-P
    Free Member

And mine has 17 less gears.

sofatester
    Free Member

On-ones have the same frame though…

shoefiti
    Free Member

i’m interested in this talking dog.

Trimix
    Free Member

Sadly, stupid people believe adverts. Live is hard enough for stupid people without this sort of thing adding to their woes.

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

Live is hard enough

is this live ??

zaskar
    Free Member

Stupid people who can spell life instead of live is hard? 😆

Only kidding.

The bike is crap and advertised as hi spec when the wording should be crap bike spec from Halfrauds.

zaskar
    Free Member

SFB-I see your sarcasm is faster and I don’t feel so bad now. 😈

I wonder who complained-cyclists who hate Halfrauds?

Mister-P
    Free Member

More likely one of those parents with an X5 or similar expensive motor who only want to spend the minimum on a bike for their little one.

coatesy
    Free Member

Reminds me of “top of the range mountain bikes” advertised in the sunday papers,they only get away with it because (fictitious?)other bikes in the range are specced even lower.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Halfords rapped for ‘hi-spec’ bike advert’ is closed to new replies.