Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Halfords current 20% discount with BC discount?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Has anyone successfully got the extra 10% off?

How did you go about it?

I am tempted by a Boardman hardtail.

jamiep
    Free Member

I have always stacked BC discount on top of other discount. Just show your BC card when paying

johnnystorm

Yep, as above.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yes, never had an issue. I can also buy halfords vouchers with 9% discount. It’s even better when halfords do their flash sale 10% off thing on a thursday. Makes things silly cheap. Oh and remember 3% back through quidco.

I’m waiting for a ‘flash sale’ to buy a garmin 520.

chakaping
    Free Member

Well this all sounds very positive.

🙂

simmy
    Free Member

I’ve just been in and got some SIS tabs, 2 tubes came to £7.90 online, handed BC card and he took £2 off.

Didn’t argue, just paid and ran 😀

thegeneralist
    Free Member

WHOAAAAA Holy shit.

So hang on, the kid wants a curly handlebar bike. Halfords has the Boardman Junior Road in stock near here for £224 (from £380)

It also comes with £100 of free accessories, and you reckon they’ll take another ten percent off for BC?

So £104 for a new bike for the kid.

hmmmmm

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

It works so long as its an offer in store and not web only.

I tried to use my BC card having ordered a bike online with a website only discount. Thy didn’t accept it so had to settle for BC discount only. Typically 2 days after they did a store based deal…….

chakaping
    Free Member

I can confirm this works. So 28% off, effectively.

More if you use those cashback sites apparently.

riddoch

If paying instore, even on web only collection I’ve always got the BC discount. There is the occasional member of staff that doesn’t believe you and the occasional one that needs a calculator to work out the discount on £10.

househusband
    Free Member

Yup, worked for me (twofold) last week!

Ordered wheels (£180 less £20 offer) on Monday for supposed delivery to local store by Tuesday 1300. Drove up Tuesday afternoon and they weren’t there, not too surprised, but they were by Wednesday afternoon.

Bloke upstairs in the bike department was actually a cyclist and gave me the £20 off twice for my extra trip and then my additional 10% BC discount so I paid £126 for some £180 wheels!

tod456
    Free Member

Gary what is this “flash sale 10% off thing on a Thursday”??? is that every Thursday or just random Thursdays?

spooky_b329

Last week was first time in two years I’ve gained to get the BC discount. I bought a European Travel kit as there were £10 off coupons on the shelf making it cheaper than the individual items I wanted, both till operators said the till would only allow one coupon to be entered so I had the choice of £10 coupon or £1.60 BC coupon 🙁

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

what is this “flash sale 10% off thing on a Thursday”??? is that every Thursday or just random Thursdays?

My real name is not Gary, but check the Halfords site at midday on Thursdays, for “flash 10%” sales. 😉

Gary_M
    Free Member

If you’re on their mailing list they usually send an email, although I’ve not had one in ages. But yeh it’s always on a banner on the site on the morning of the flash sale.

My real name is Jennifer

Last week was first time in two years I’ve gained to get the BC discount.

I’ve never had an issue using the 10% bc discount. Bought a boardman 650b for my son just after Christmas, think it was down to about £450, bought it when a flash sale was on, I can buy halfords vouchers with 9% off and I had the 10% bc discount applied at the till. Cost me £324.

MarcSussex
    Free Member

How long does it take to receive the BC card once paid for?

Gary_M
    Free Member

Couple of days but you can use your membership email as proof in store.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Halfords current 20% discount with BC discount?’ is closed to new replies.