Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Halfords C2W Voucher – who else accepts them??
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hi

I gather Leisure Lakes do but has anyone any ideas of who else does?

(I phoned the Halfords C2W help line and they told me no-one does, yet the small print of my work’s C2W agreement says there are a number of associate distributors that “welcome contact direct” )

ta

druidh
    Free Member

We at the Bike Chain in Edinburgh do. However, the bit of the process where we’re supposed to check that we’re handing the bike over to the right person is a bit difficult when you’re doing it via the web 🙂

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ah right, yeah that could be tricky!

Anyone know of anywhere near Sheffield?

norcbot
    Free Member

You can only use their C2W voucher in an associate distributor if you want a bike or brand that they cannot provide (we do it with Treks). I would go into your local store and ask them for a barand they dont do (like Trek Marin Giant )and see where they send you? Seems each store has a different associate distributor set up.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Ah OK, thanks for that.

It’s a bit confusing as my work boasted at having responded to complaints about only being able to get bikes from Halfords.

As such it made a big thing about being able to source bikes from over 50 associate partners.

tbh there are bikes at Halfords stock that I would consider (Voodoo D-jab .. stunning value!).

However, my main motivation for looking elsewhere is that I want to spend part of my voucher on clothing / helmet etc but Halfords range is rubbish!

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

…one other thing though

When I phoned leisure lakes they basically said I could bring the voucher in and get what I like pretty much…

druidh
    Free Member

I’ve never heard of there being any restriction on what bikes an independent /associate dealer can provide. I also recall providing a bike to Halfords for a C2W customer…..

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hmm, confused!

I’d quite like to wander into a well stocked bike shop, choose a bike and some decent kit and hand over my voucher!

trail_rat
    Free Member

unless things have changed from last year – you were supposed to be able to get bikes that halfords didnt supply for associates – but you were supposed to get your clothing and accessories from halfords ……

there were ways round that (if the bike shop was willing) because as you say halfords really is crap for that sort of thing

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Anyone else happen to know?

uplink
    Free Member

Sheffield?

Try ringing someone like JE James perhaps?

rootes1

in London,

Condor, Simpsons, Pearsons, Putney Cycles

though very hard to get halfords to deal with other shops… and they are making it harder to retain profit etc..

anyhow when HMRC really start hammering c2w on transfer of ownership then c2w will just be an interest free loan with little saving

jfletch
    Free Member

I think The Bike Tree in Sheffield accepts them. At least their website says they do. For a new shop they are very good and they are a helpful bunch so give them a try.

http://www.thebiketree.co.uk/

norcbot
    Free Member

Im sure you not ment to get any clothing from associate dealers. They have been known to refuse to pay the shops for some goods provided. The are making it more and more difficalt for people to use associate dealers.

Bregante

I’m sure that merlin used to accept halfords vouchers?

grim168
    Free Member

Merlin no longer do but leisure lakes do.

matthewjb
    Free Member

Chevin Cycles do. Otley is a bit far from Sheffield but nearer than the other options.

exilegeordie
    Free Member

FAO druidh…YGM.

SigmaF
    Free Member

Yes, we take them!!

No real issues at all – there’s a new online process for associate partners which is a bit slicker too….

Pop by or drop us a line and we’ll get you rolling.

No problems with kit either….

Ta

Scott

thebiketree

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Halfords C2W Voucher – who else accepts them??’ is closed to new replies.