Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Halfords – C2W and BC discount together?
  • poltheball
    Free Member

Hi all

Wife has just ordered in a new bike . Cracking value for money as-is, and because the traditional C2W scheme would push her under minimum wage she’s been given a 10% voucher code instead.

The question is, if I then go out and buy BC membership, could I get an extra 10% off?

So bike = £350
    Less 10% via C2W voucher: £350 – £35 = £315
    Less 10% via BC membership?: £315 – £31.50 = £283.50

Being as it’d save £31.50 and BC membership is £32/year, if it will work then obviously it’s a no-brainer. Anyone got any experience of this? Will I be able to add the BC discount on top of the C2W voucher? Asked in-store and they weren’t sure as they hadn’t done it before.

Cheers

iainc

It depends whether your wife’s employer, who Is purchasing the bike and will own it for at least a year, is a BC member….

poltheball
    Free Member

Nah as above, it’s not traditional C2W scheme – she’s been given a voucher off the full value of the bike. We will buy the bike in a cash sale for the remaining amount, with the C2W discount being applied there and then as a 10% off voucher.

riddoch

Not sure about vouchers but if something is in the sale the BC membership gets you another 10% off so should be in with a chance. The BC membership discount, at least in my store seems to be a very manual process, so could be down to the person at the till doing the discount amount so you might get 20% off as the amount they take off is whatever the type in.

badgerbater
    Free Member

Something a lot of people seem to forget and Halfords have to be “reminded” about is the 20% discount card which is valid for a year as part of their scheme! Great for all sorts of bike related parts and accessories. Don’t forget to phone the scheme helpline and ask for the discount card.

Gary_M
    Free Member

The bc discount can be used when getting a bike through C2W, even if the bike is already discounted so can’t see it being an issue.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Halfords – C2W and BC discount together?’ is closed to new replies.