Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Halfords C2W
  • vorlich
    Free Member

So, it’s coming up to C2W time and I was thinking about getting a new 29er for my 50/50 on/offroad commute.

I know Halfords can source other stuff via independent shops, how does it work? Does the bike have to be off the shelf, or can you spec a build?

I’m thinking about something from Surly, but might be struggling to find a complete bike for <£1000. What else should I be looking at in that price bracket.

I think I’d prefer tyres with some volume, hence 29er, but might be tempted by skinny wheels if I can find a good deal.

tthew

It’s the shops that can accept the vouchers, don’t think they then supply the bikes to Halfords, (not in my case anyway).

You need to find one that accepts the voucher and talk to them. Twelve50 in Frodsham did me a special build last year, they then send the voucher to Halfords who reimburse them. Halfords take the discount that you may normally be able to negotiate with the shop though, so you’ll probably not get that. Should still save more through C2W, especially if you are a higher rate tax payer.

Some shops may let you ‘top up’ above the voucher value if you want an over £1K bike, strictly that’s against the rules.

nedrapier

Got my bike through Condor in London with a Halfords voucher. That was 3 years ago, not sure if anything’s changed.

therag
    Free Member

My local bike shop accepts Halfords vouchers, try yours first.

PMK2060

The boardman 29er looks good value for money. Especially with 10% off if you are a member of British Cycling.

vorlich
    Free Member

Actually, I’ve just fallen in love with a Salsa Vaya, would defo require a top up of some sort though!

CTBM doesn’t take Halfords vouchers unfortunately. 🙁

johnnystorm

Ring up Halfords and they’ll tell you who they deal with in your area. Right after they say they can source most stuff and then sound puzzled when you ask for Salsa. /pats c2w Fargo 🙂

scotroutes

Square Wheels in Strathpeffer sells Salsa and does the Halfords voucher scheme…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Halfords C2W’ is closed to new replies.