Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Halfords buys Tredz and Wheelies
  • br
    Free Member

The South Wales-based businesses were founded by brothers Keith and Michael Jones, who started out selling bikes from a shop in Swansea in 1989.

The businesses, which employ 250 people, generated an annual profit of £2.4m last year, on sales of £32m.

The boys done good, hadn’t realised they were that big.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

All that growth without ever getting a decent live stock solution implemented? Kudos.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Wonder if this will mean that CycleScheme will now include more brands, that Halfords did not stock before?

Will insurance companies still use the Trees/Wheelies shop for replacement bikes?

squirrelking
    Free Member

All that growth without ever getting a decent customer service system implemented? Kudos.

FTFY

Good news, Wheelies and their utterly abyssmal service couldn’t possibly get any worse.

wwaswas

Wheelies and their utterly abyssmal service couldn’t possibly get any worse

But if anyone can achieve it Halfords can 😉

T1000
    Free Member

At least their business values are aligned

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Right I better start selling bikes and sell the business in 25 years and retire on a couple of million.

Xylene
    Free Member

Only time in my adult life I bought a new bike was two years ago from Wheelies service was dire – ordered mudguards fitted, ones they recommended, they called back to say they didn’t fit, I suggested they fitted mudguards that they recommended again and had another go.

So they sent me a brand new CX bike, with **** crudcatcher on the tale and the front down tube, bunch of ****, a damaged crank that had a gouge out of it, brake cables not tightened and gears not indexed.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Charged me £5 for a cardboard wheel box.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Free can of GT-85 with every Tredz order now then.

Though they need to make you wait when you click the checkout button until some spotty teenager reluctantly comes along to process the order.

Add a live chat service staffed by people with no clue what a bike is, and should be about right.

Northwind

wwaswas – Member

But if anyone can achieve it Halfords can

I’ve always had much better service from Halfords than Wheelies.

For some reason I have tons of goodwill for Tredz, even though I don’t think I’ve ever ordered anything from them without it being a total pain in the arse because nothing’s ever in stock.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Never had any problems with Tredz.
    I must be the lucky one?

flaps
    Free Member

I’ve always liked Tredz too!

g5604
    Free Member

Tredz have good prices, shame the don’t actually have the product

milky1980
    Free Member

They’ll have bought it to get hold of the insurance replacement side, the amount of companies that direct you through them mean they can expand that nationwide with a greater range of bikes to choose from. I know people on here bang on about having trouble replacing their custom bike after the event but most insurance claims will be for BSO’s and entry-level stuff that Halfords sell by the bucket-load. The insurer gives Halfords a price they’ll pay, Halfords give you a list of bikes available. You then choose one and it’s then sent to your local store where you collect it and possibly buy a few extras for your new ride. Nice little earner.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Halfords buys Tredz and Wheelies’ is closed to new replies.