Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Halfords bike maintenance sessions for kids over Easter
  • MoreCashThanDash

Saw this advertised at the Ilkeston store this morning. Free bike maintenance sessions for 7-11 year olds in Easter holidays. No idea what it is or if it’s any good, but thought I’d mention it.

And I know we like to be sniffy about Halfords, but saw their guy doing a great job helping an older gentleman choose an appropriate bike for his stated needs this morning. Credit where credit is due. And I know advice and a properly set up bike are two different things!

jekkyl

‘now then kids this is how you tighten an axle bolt up, remember don’t tighten it up all the way so there’s a chance it will come undone when you’re cycling across the road, now onto the brakes…….’

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Our shop ran them last year and although they are not cytech standard they do teach the basics like puncture repair, making sure brakes work ect… Which to be honest is more than most adults know. Not earth shattering stuff but if it keeps the wee ones wheels turning and gives them a even a slight understanding as to how a bike works then its a winner.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Halfords bike maintenance sessions for kids over Easter’ is closed to new replies.