Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Halfords basic tool cabinet….any good?
  • cjr61

Just had email from Halfords and they’re selling their basic tool cabinet for £63 from £150 (from midday).

LINK

Seems decent enough and would tidy my garage nicely. Any opinions?

Thanks

Chris

z1ppy

Depends on your needs/budget but most reviews suggest there professional range is the one you want. I’m kicking myself for not buying one of there industrial range when it was half price. As I thought it would become cheaper… nope it’s been full price since xmas. They seemingly compare well to £500 tengtool units I’ve seen.
    Halfords do regular sales/promotions, so if your not in a rush, just keep an eye on there website (I am!)

Rockhopper
    Free Member

I’ve got the top part of that combo in my shed. Had it for years. It works okay but the top drawers could do with being slightly deeper as its a struggle to get chunky screwdrivers in there.

cjr61

Cheap and functional is the plan. Ideally store some power tools in the shelves underneath.

Thanks

br
    Free Member

My son has that set, for the money you can’t go wrong.

Junkyard
    Free Member

have the top bit – or similar.

One of the drawers is a pain to use as the slider has snapped so it jams easily/does not always open

Its still excellent value for the money but it is not in any sense of the word professional

trail_rat
    Free Member

its a good job it doesnt pretend to be the professional range.

fwiw you can pick that up on ebay in any colour for similar money – i wouldnt rush out to buy one from halfords because its half price – its just priced right now imo.

id save and look out for the top professional section on offer – can get them for 125 quid and it will last much longer – or off ebay for 99.99 most of year round.

has roller drawers rather than friction slides of the one in the link,

cjr61

Ok thanks for the advice all

Big-Dave
    Free Member

I’ve got that very same cabinet. Had it for a while now. Its sturdy enough for domestic use.

Be warned, just because you’re buying it to try and tidy up the garage does it mean in any way that your garage will indeed end up being tidy.

oldmanmtb
    Free Member

Machine mart – clarke stuff is better (basic range) and often have no vat offers

somafunk

It’s coming up to Easter so Halfords will have their special deals on offer which usually include the industrial cabinets

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Halfords basic tool cabinet….any good?’ is closed to new replies.