Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Half size waterbottle/cage ?
  • Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Is there such a thing as a small bottle and bottle cage, something around 500ml or less? Just looking for something to put an energy/isotonic type drink mix in for a quick drink, instead of mixing something in my camelbak as it always seems to go manky easily. Quite happy drinking just water on my rides but on the longer one’s I’d like a boost when I get tired.

Anything? Needs to be secure for off-road.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Actually, seen quite a few 500ml but they seem to be short versions of the bigger bottles, is there something smaller/narrower, 330ml or something? 🙄

cinnamon_girl

Don’t laugh but Tesco used to sell that sort of thing in the kiddie section 😀

Useful for a small frame.

djglover
    Free Member

just fill a 500ml one 2/3rds full?

mamadirt
    Free Member

When I raced I put water in the camelbak and just kept a 500ml bottle of flat coke on the bike for the final lap.

Disclaimer: I was still rubbish 😉

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Don’t laugh but Tesco used to sell that sort of thing in the kiddie section

Actually, that might be the sort of thing … as long as it’s not pink with Barbie written all over it?

just fill a 500ml one 2/3rds full?

No, that’s far to common sensicle, I want something made for the job 😉

500ml bottle of flat coke on the bike

That’s the sort of size/shape, but wouldn’t that rattle around in a normal bottle cage and fall out cos they’re made for wide waterbottles?

mamadirt
    Free Member

I should add that I put the flat coke into a standard sized bike bottle . . . my on-bike skills don’t extend to opening a screw top bottle with my teeth 😉

scaredypants

topeak summatorother – the “cage” bit is on a threaded mounting & can be wound in a bit – CRC does them, 2 sorts I think

njee20
    Free Member

What’s wrong with a normal size bottle/cage?

500ml bottles are nearly always 568ml if that really matters.

Travis

SIS have small bottles. I can only fit a small bottle in my Superlight. If your struggling to get one, let me know, I have some left over from the British Team when they were here for the Olympics

mamadirt
    Free Member

Oh, and those tiny kiddies bottles (you now the 350ish ml ones in Toys R Us that fit into a plastic holder) – they will fit into a standard wire cage if you squash the cage towards the bike frame a little . . . had to use one of those on my tiny Kona Roast as the cage mounts were too far up the down tube for any other bottle to fit.

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

😆 ah, thought you might of put one of those opening sports water bottle tops on instead of the normal screw one?

Nothing wrong with a normal bottle, but I use a camelbak so have plenty of water there so was wondering if I could get something small and slimline just for a quick energy shot, don’t want something to take up a lot of space in my frame – sometimes I carry it, oh yes, one of my routes has about 140 steps up a cliff face!

suntingwang – what size are the one’s you mention?

Did look on crc but didn’t notice if anything was smaller, i’ll have another look.

Cheers 🙂

RudeBoy
    Free Member

LOL at mamadirt’s tiny bikes issues! 😀

Kojaklollipop
    Free Member

Found something – Scott do a small 330ml bottle with a steel cage, pukka!

😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Half size waterbottle/cage ?’ is closed to new replies.